Haunt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i am painting my pillars this weekend. I would like to have the drippy paint weathered look. Does anyone know where i can find a how to on aging it and making it look like that. Im hoping someone here can direct me to one or at least has SOME idea of what im talking about. THANKS GUYS!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I did the dark stained look on some tomb stones.. painted my based grey color, then after it was good and dry, wet it down with the garden hose. Next spray it with some black spay paint in spots where you want it to drip from, and GENTLY hose it down again.. the back paint will run and wash off mostly but leave enough behind for a great look.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm going to be painting my pillars this weekend too. My plan is about the same as airscapes, but I have been using a hand held spray water bottle for a little more precision.

All I'm going to do is put down a base coat, let it dry, then put a darker coat over it and spray it with the bottle. I did this with my tombstones and it came out great. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.