Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Seems too complicated

No, I haven't tried it, but it seems too complicated. I'd just use a motor with a disk attached to the shaft, and a lever from the disk to the jaw. One rotation of the disk will cause the jaw will move up and down once.

If you use a stepper motor, you can get the control you need (speed, and number of rotations) pretty easily.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Even simpler

If cost isn't an issue, you can use servos to control the jaw and/or neck

-Brian

·
Registered
458 Posts
ive never seen it done on a skull per se - but i have seen some larger animated monster faces done with it - i think thats the only way id ever animate a face - all these skulls are wonderful and great and are a tremendous showcase for your talent - but for a situation like my haunt - no one will really be able to pick up on the subtletees or realy be able to appreciate it unless they sit and get real close to it - i would however like to make a HUGE talking skull - that could get some attention - like 3 ft high or somethin - i dont think you could use the pneumatics for a realistic size skull, but i bet it'd be great for large ones - use some flow controlls here and there for the subtletees and you got a wicked piece! - riley

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Sorry I didn't see this earlier, I've made one in a two piece bucky. It's simple open/close but it work's great! If you want pic's I can dig it out and take some and post them for you, let me know?

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
absolutley! I hear so much about motorized buckies and nothing about pneumatic ones.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Can be. I have a project on the back burners for skeleton hand's that play the piano and each hand requires 5 cylinders so far.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
whoo I wish I could use pneumatics. A skull with that would be neat...good luck on your little quest

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Hey i found a hand that actually plays to mozart. It was 16 bucks at a toy shop.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts