Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As starting to slowly set up for this year, thanks to being a backyard based haunt...will update with photos and videos as warranted in the coming weeks :xbones:

As is likely clear, Western themed display with a lot of custom structures/infrastructure that are up year round....here is last year's display thread: http://www.hauntforum.com/showthread.php?t=23831

The aim is largely ambiance/details with only a few jump scares and handful of robots...not a big fan, myself, of the store-bought big electronic movie figures and the like with cheesy sayings. Mix and match of store-bought props, modified ones, year-round decor from inside the house, and etc...really a grab bag of whatever we think is cool and adds to the display ;)

Enjoy, more to come doubtless, and comments/questions more than welcome!

Halloween Garland | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Pumpkin-Man | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
I like the guy in jail:)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love it! Very cool theme that I personally haven't seen anywhere else!
Thank you, and especially awesome given how "known" and badass your haunt is said to be...cheers!

I remember seeing your display last year and being totally blown away. I'm sure this year will be just as awesome!
Very much appreciated Spartan, thank you! We just do the best we can with it. :xbones:

Your haunt is all pro by my standards. I love your photos as well, very nicely done.
Thanks so much!

I like the guy in jail:)
Indeed, he was a good find a few years back, and the added clothes really help him out...thank you!

Great theme - it looks fantastic.
Thank you very much, and definitely a fun one to put together.

·
IN MEMORIAM - A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,670 Posts
:jol: Regions...seriously?! That is your backyard? It looks like a theme park. Very pro looking stuff. Wow, what does your front yard look like?:D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:jol: Regions...seriously?! That is your backyard? It looks like a theme park. Very pro looking stuff. Wow, what does your front yard look like?:D
Heh, yes, seriously... ;) And thank you! The theme park thing is intentional...inspired by places like Disneyland, Knott's Ghost Town, Frontier Village, etc, many more.

The front yard is actually very non-descript...we don't really get noticeable amounts of ToT's here (Bay Area, CA) and not enough room to put much...there's a fenced off patio with table and a tree, we just put a row of plastic pumpkins along the top of fence...no lawn to speak of, and no room for a display...so the backyard it is. Invited guests and friends of people only, basically....

·
Registered
816 Posts
Wow....I love it...I saw ur post last yr..I am a big fan of the western theme..Nice..

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Love this! I'd say you definitely nailed the theme park thing! Cedar Point has a train ride that takes riders through a western town inhabited by skeletons called Bone Village, it's been my favorite thing at Cedar Point since I was a small child, your post brought me right back there!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spent a solid amount of time today doing some work out back, mainly getting the lighting base set up, only a few props placed. So, small update...pretty happy with it so far. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
Beautiful pictures!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts