Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to paper my neighborhood this year in an attempt to get more Trick-or-Treaters. As some of you may know, my street lacks sidewalks, and that pretty much eliminates the roving parties of TOTs from coming to my house. I do get a few "drive-bye TOTs", and I'd like to increase that amount by putting some flyers up around my neighborhood.

Here's a preview of one of a few designs I'll be using. With luck -- and quite a bit of some skill a fellow forum member has -- I'll be having some custom art to use for one of the other designs I have planned.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
When I see things like this, I'm always reminded that Halloween isn't so far away. I like the black and orange. Reminds me a lot, with the Jack-O-Lantern, that is, of the opening credits of John Carpenter's Halloween. That Pumpkin splitting open revealing that skull with the theme song was cool as hell!

Wish I could come by and check out the end result. Pity that no one around here has your enthusiasm. No one takes pride in their work anymore. :(

·
Registered
140 Posts
There are some awesomely dead-icated folks around my neighbourhood... absolutely kick-a displays (and no, I'm not just talking about myself and my own Halloween display.... though kick-a is a good word to describe it :p ). But seriously, I too wish I could see your finished place, Z-F... too bad there's like.... several thousand miles between us. :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Z, you mind if I put a drooling zombie in the picture? It's the only cool image I've been thinking about lately.

Oh, and I didn't bring my drawing stuff when I moved so it'll probably never get drawn, LOL. Kidding.:D

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A drooling zombie would be just fine. In fact, since I'll be doing yours with black print on green paper, that will work out perfectly.

Now, I gotta get off (on?) my lazy ass and ask RAXL if he'll draw a ghost in a window for the purple flyer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Like the flyer--nice pic :p

are you going to pass one out to each neighbor or staple them up to telephone poles or what?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I got the pencils done on the zombie. The first one I drew was a little to "super-hero" so I started anew and I'm pretty happy with the results. It's a really tall, skinny zombie, so you might want to put it on the side of the flyer with the text next to it or something. When I get the inks done, I'll try to get it online.:D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Finito! Ze art, she is done. Since I don't have a scanner or anything, I'm just gonna mail this **** to ya, Z. Hell, I might even try to get it there before Halloween!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Holy ****? You didn't blow away in the hurricaine?!? Thanks a bunch! You've bailed my artistically challenged ass out yet again! If it's no trouble, try to ship photocopies so if it gets lost in the mail, it won't be a problem to get more. If the original gets lost, all your work will have been for naught.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not yet... maybe tomorrow? Perhaps mail is moving slow due to the hurricanes?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Possibly. I sent it priority, so it should be there any second. Also, the rough first sketch is on the back, so you can laugh at how "super-heroic" my first attempt was.:D

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got Raxl's in the mail today... starting to worry about yours, though he did mail his sometime last week, so I just suspect the mail down there is running slow due to the bad weather of late. I'll be scanning these tonight and will post a preview ASAP. Thanks Rob!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts