Haunt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here who has made or attemped to make their own Halloween projection videos would be kind enough to share what programs work the best to make them, I have been researching on the internet and it is hard to determine which programs will work the best & will have the right tools for creating Halloween related effects/videos. So, I figured this would be a great place to ask, I would greatly appreciate some direction in which programs are the best for this task using my own recorded video files and adding effects to them, possibly creating ones with artwork too, another adventure I am adding to my haunting skills.
I am willing to look at all price ranges and green screen progams too.
Thanks!
:jol:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Adobe Premier and After Effects are hands down the best programs that will fit all of your needs from editing to green screening, unfortunately they are quite pricey...

I have had some luck with a free video editing software called Wax it's not terribly user friendly, but there are tutorials available for it. You can find it here:
http://download.cnet.com/DebugMode-Wax/3000-13631_4-10413350.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
For a cheaper alternative to Adobe products you can get Magix Movie Edit. It has the chroma key feature for green screening also. The only bad thing about it is they want you to buy codex's for different file formats. But you can get around that by getting some free converters online. I use youtube downloader to convert to WMA'S. I believe I paid $50 bucks for it. The pro version is over $100 and has alot more effects. Alot of people use Sony Vegas but I have never used it so I can't give you any info on it.

By no means am I comparing Magix to Abobe. I have both and Adobe is completely awesome. After Effects is also very time comsuming. I was just giving a basic cheaper editing program that you can green screen with.

Here's a video I made using Magix and the chroma key feature with some stock footage I found from the body bag kicker.

·
Slowly Losing My Mind
2,820 Posts
That is some good stuff right there Haunted Horror Shack. I love that prop. Excellent job on that piece!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
My daughter made a Cheshire Cat video that we will use Big Scream TV style, using Windows Movie Maker. I know it's far from the ideal program to use, and I know it was frustrating and time consuming, but she uses that program for all her movies and they all turn out beautifully.
That's a great video, Haunted Horror Shack! Love the music, too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Excellent links Haunted Horror Shack!
Thanks a bunch for posting those!
Cool video too BTW!:smilekin:
I used some music from incomptech on my new corpsed Alien head tutorial-:biggrinien:
They have some awesome atmospheric pieces as well as many that would be perfect for scenes in a haunt!

Good stuff, thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts