Haunt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working on a set of bats that have their eyes controlled by a prop-1 controller. There are currently 4 bats, we could 4 more bats if we want. I am using the hanging 14 inch bats you see all over at halloween this time of year I have repainted them slightly to make them look better, I cut out their eyes, and replaced them with red LED's then ran hookup wire thru the inside of their bodies and out a small incision near their foot, the eyes were installed by making a 2 inch cut near its neck. The LED's are pulled thru the eyes and then a dab of hot glue is put on the back of the LED and pushed back into the socket, I then paint the edge of the eye where I cut it. The prop-1 will be installed inside of bat #1 and the whole thing can run off a 9volt battery for 7 hours (the prop-1 and all 4 bats). All the other bats will have their wires terminate in bat #1.
The program on the prop-1 chooses a random bat and also randomizes the on times and the off times of the LED eye sets.

Here is a video, a bunch of you have already seen this in chat.

http://grimvisions.com/images/movies/batkeeper03.wmv

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
nice job krough
will look real spooky in night time

·
Registered
399 Posts
Great way to make a neat prop awesome. I love how subtle it is...you'll get doubletakes with that one...sorry to be naive, but what's a prop-1?

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
Good stuff Krough. Nice mod on those bats. Those bats are everywhere but I like them because they scare my better half. She hates bats. (Sorry Vlad ;))
:eek: ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! hates bats?..................... just teasing. LOL

Krough, you know i will need to buy them from you for next year now dont you?
:D :devil: Btw.. Sweet prop! :D

·
She looks so normal
21,274 Posts
Krough, if you weren't already taken I'd ask you to marry me. I just love your props. Swoon!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Nick - that was my exact thought when I saw the cage...

Thats' a great cage for a devil bat... or a devil mutant baby... or a devil 4 as*ed monkey...

opps... slipped a South Park reference in there.

Anyway - if I weren't a guy, and married with kids, I'd marry you too Krough. Great freakin work my man.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts