Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Haunters,
Our infamous Prop Guys need your prop questions for their segment Letters to the Garage. Please post any prop related questions that you have. Even if you know the answer, but think it can help another haunter. Steve O & Geoff drunk dialed me last night looking for questions and I was working, so please help out. Thanks.

· Registered
767 Posts
What are the basic parts someone needs to start their first pneumatic prop, and what are the expected costs?

If I pose my 6' tall headless zombie in front of our garage fridge, how long will it take for the wife to put me in the doghouse?

· Registered
2,356 Posts
I would like to know where or how to get a motor that will turn a bit and then reverse to the other direction? Like for turning a body at the waist to one side and then turning it back.

· Registered
2,320 Posts
I am trying to make a "Wall-banger" type prop that is triggered by a motion detector, but having trouble setting up a 3-4 second delay on it. Should I try to run it through a timer circuit, or attempt to solder in a small resistor?
yes either a timer or a prop controller. see my website for some ideas or PM me.

· Registered
6,549 Posts
Dear Prop Guys,

Due to storage issues, I have decided to make edible props. How much weight would a Prop frame made of bread sticks hold, if I used cheese as a filler? Should I just sculpt the cheese, or should I use Easy-Cheeze from a can? Also, what is the best way to animate cake, and do I have to worry about frosting getting into the motor? I know motors aren't edible, so I want to make motors from potatoes. After all, I've seen clocks powered by potatoes, so why not props? Should I get really detailed and give my props edible underwear? If so what flavor?

I thought about using meatloaf, but his music just isn't my thing.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Dr Morbius.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.