Haunt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christmas means only one thing to haunters: after Christmas sales!

Lots of new animatroincs this year just dying to be hacked. Wal Mart has this Singing polar bear with dancing penguin set that just screams "halloween" at me. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but definatley want to hack it when it goes half price. Walgreens has this melting snowman with red LED cheeks that could very easliy be made into a snake or something else spooky.

Don't forget about the LED christmas lights. Bundle them together to make spotlights or just use them the way they are. Lots of stuff for prop building out there.

Be creative people, after the day after Halloween, this is the best time for haunters.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What about those infernal deer everybody has in their front yard?

The motors are slow and run on 110 volts. These can be used for anything spooky.

Anybody else got any ideas on hackable Christmas stuff?

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Be creative people, after the day after Halloween, this is the best time for haunters.

Thanks for the reminder Slimy

·
Registered
328 Posts
Oh i'm gearing up for these sales! The good thing about after christmas sales as oposed to Halloween is that I don't have school in the way, so i can spend some time right after the holiday searching for some stuff. I look forward to seeing what all the creative minds of this board come up with!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the hall I made at Walmart. Battery operated LEDs, 110 LEDs and I got my singins dancing bear thing. I think it's gonna be a werewolf. Still have to hit Lowes, Big Lots, Walgreens.

Anbody else get anything good?

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
This is a great time to stock up on Halloween prop supplies for sure. I saw tons of those animatronic monkey heads at Sears for $50. The place to hit for you headstone builders is the local dollar store. They have the flat backed tree ornaments in the form of angels and such. Perfect add ons for headstones.
Unfortunately, I've been placed on the Black Cat "black list" as far as any further Halloween spending.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well I didn't go out and buy this but for christmas I got a sweet 2 in 1 dremel/ hotwire tool. Its small and portable it should work great!

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
Don't forget fabric!!!!!!!!

I just started a thread about the additional 50% off of the already reduced clearance price at JoAnn fabrics. :)

If nothing else, you can never have too much black fabric. :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
I was at my friends house yesterday and he had gotten his son a tickle me Elmo. The whole time I was there I was watching that thing operate. After his kid got bored with it I took Elmo and was studying him. I then heard my friend say "I know what you're thinking, so stop it. I am not letting you hack Elmo up to make a Halloween prop". Of course, I doubt there are any Elmo sales going on. Too hot of an item. But a lot of potential for an evil little prop idea I have brewing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts