Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi hauntforum - im new here so I thought I'd start a thread of a prop I'll be working on for the next week.

Right now I'm working on constructing some stable bones for the prop so it holds up for when I start adding more materials.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ummmmm It's gonna be some kind of monster....Im gonna take the upper half off and do something else. But ya its gonna be a standing figure of some kind.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I like how he is standing too. He looks "cute" umhhhh is that the look your seeking???

Kidding, Great Job!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hah ha, hell ya thats black paint, scars from Octobers past. The fridge bartends a few coronas Deathtouch, help yourself. The legs are those wooden posts gardeners use to stabalize young trees...I found a bunch behind my house walking the trails.
I took off the upper half - it was too tall and flimsy, and I replaced it with a shorter/mightier pvc frame. I used some plumbers tape to really get everything nice and snug and stable. Im gonna put some chicken wire around him and see what I get...later!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
you did a fantastic job of the body! your a good chicken wire assembler. Great job! Im jealous of your street, remides me of Halloween on ET. Do you have any reses peices handy???

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well so I have the form down, but now I want to work on smoothin him out. Any suggestions on how to lessen the chicken wire look underneathe, and putting the finishing touches on him?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
couple more layers of mache and sanding in between, like you would with Drywall.... Try that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts