Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hmmm you think you could ship some of that? LOL That sounds good. Wish we had that here in Philly.

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,928 Posts
Given we're in the mid 90s all week, the fall beers are still heavy for me.

Hey Sleeper - I'm in the burbs and this is plenty available along with some local breweries' pumpkin ales.

·
Registered
51 Posts
yeah i havent tried there i have tried bucks and monco. I guess ill be going to see more of family while im down there. lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone like Shipyard? It's the only pumpkin beer I've had, but I love it, and will look for some more this fall.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Avarax, I'm not a fan of Shipyard. I've consumed many bottles, but I prefer Post Road.
Eyes & Glyphen, It is a Halloween Party in your mouth.
The first time someone gave me a bottle I thought it was going to taste nasty, but it instantly became my favorite beer.
JT, to heavy for you? We're not lifting weights you woman. Put down the summer ale and grab a liquid pumpkin:D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I like Buffalo Bills Pumpkin Ale. It's the best of the pumpkin beers you'll find in the stores in Southern California. The only other ones are the blue moon and sam adams beers, both of which are boring. I'll be perusing BevMo in search of new pumpkin ales all month. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've never seen Post Road, I'll have to take a look for it soon. I like Shipyard because it's a light flavor of pumpkin. It doesn't SCREAM pumpkin. Looking forward to trying out the Post Road.

·
Administrator
10,704 Posts
Anybody try Jack's Pumpkin Spice Ale? I didn't notice anything "pumpkin" like about it.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I hit the bevmo and here is what I found and tried so far:

Shipyard Pumpkin Ale : Good and clean, like previously mentioned, a subtle pumpkin flavor. Very drinkable!

Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin : Comes in a big bottle, 9% alchohol and a corresponding drier taste, spices stand out more than the pumpkin sweetness. Tasted best when it warmed up, and drink it in the glass. The adhesive on the bottle makes it taste bad if you get any in your mouth. This is a sit down beer, one will do ya.

Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale: It has a picture with pumpkins on it and otherwise taste like a watered down winter ale. Not memorable.

Jacks Pumpkin Spice Ale: Had it once and never wanted it again.( I just included it since Haunti mentioned it). However, I liked its label the best!

Sam Adams Octoberfest: It's not pumpkin beer but it taste great. I thought I wouldn't like it when I got it in the Harvest Beers mixed 12 pack. Now it's one of my favorites. Rich, full flavored but very drinkable. I drank 6 in a row and didn't get tired of it or have any lingering aftertaste.

Sam Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale: Just as good as the Oktoberfest, but with more of that pumpkin taste your looking for. I would call this the most pumpkin pie like smell and flavor in a beer I have experienced. Might be too sweet to drink a whole 6 pack in one sitting.

Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale: One of my favorites. Great tasting beer with a very well balanced mix of pumpkin and spice. A rich taste ending with light spice.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts