Haunt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pumpkin patch is starting to fill in nicely. I even have a few small pumpkins starting to grow. I'm hoping to grow enough to have a neighborhood party so all the kids can decorate/carve their own. This will get them interested in Halloween early and give me the opportunity to get them to talk to their friends about my yard haunt. Hopefully this will increase my turnout on Halloween.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Good idea! Unfortunately we don't have the space for that and the cost would be prohibitive for us to buy everyone one.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I have a pumpkin patch. I have about 3 plants that are taking over the WORLD... joke, my patch anyway. I also have cukes and green beans in there... not sure what will survive. I figure if I get 3 - 4 pumkins, I will only have to buy 1 or 2. Thats a great idea with your neighborhood kids, but mine are all mine!!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I planted 3 mounds with 4 plants in each mound. Each mound has a different size pumpkin. I have a mound with small pumpkns (good for drawing/painting) for the smaller kids, the next mound has jack'o lantern sized pumpkins for carving and the last mound has the large pumpkins. I'm not trying for the really large pumpkins, just some good sized ones that will "wow" the kids.

·
Registered
295 Posts
We got around 16 pumpkins last year. The kids loved it and we ended up freezing a bunch of pumpkin pie filling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts