Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.pumpkinrot.com/pages/Page14.htm
Scroll down until you get the date 6-22-07 then click on the picture and it will introduce you to his new creation....Bog man! You don't actually see him, but it is the atmosphere teaser like pumpkinrot always does. Pretty cool! I am sooooo envious of this guys talent!:eek:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah...sorry, but if you look at the dates a few above it shows you some of his progress. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, his videos are freakin phenomenal!

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's supposed to show you where he comes from, so you can get a sense of (with your imagination) what he will look like. :p

I'm going with a swamp-thing look.
I think you hit the nail on the head JohnnyL. Every prop I have seen is accompanied by mood pieces and some form of showmanship. I really dig the fact that someone takes the time to present ideas in new and interesting ways.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You know why I love PumpkinRot? PR thinks about what he's presenting as a whole. It's not about how much unrelated crap can get jammed into the yard. It's about the overall effect. A lesson more haunters should learn. I'm with everyone here...his stuff rulez.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
I think you hit the nail on the head JohnnyL. Every prop I have seen is accompanied by mood pieces and some form of showmanship. I really dig the fact that someone takes the time to present ideas in new and interesting ways.
You know, I think I finally get it...I agree, SkullAndBone. I see now that his props aren't just props, like I thought they were, but more of an atmospheric element, like a well shot photograph. Sometimes I'm just dense.:p

·
Panic time is here!
3,834 Posts
Ah Grasshopper, you have moved to the next level.

Pumpkinrot is a great site. I am so envious of people with artistic talent.
I just don't have it. Sigh! Can't paint, draw or anything else, which is why I love Gemmy so much. LOL!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ah Grasshopper, you have moved to the next level.

Pumpkinrot is a great site. I am so envious of people with artistic talent.
I just don't have it. Sigh! Can't paint, draw or anything else, which is why I love Gemmy so much. LOL!
You know, HB I wouldn't let lack of building talent stand in your way of enjoying a great-looking and sophisticated haunt. Whether you make it yourself, buy it from other haunters (suggested) or even, if you must, Gemmy:smoking: ....you can still learn a lot from the greats like PumpkinRot, Terror Syndicate, Devious Concoctions, Skull & Bone, Mike Fox and Lothar's Lair just to name a few. I truly believe the very best haunts are the ones who think about the overall stage picture of the haunt. The big composition. Look at your haunt as an overall creation. Not a collection of parts. I will say that the best way to learn is just to dive in.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Whoops! Sorry HB! I wrote that before I looked at your site. You don't need advice from me. Still, if you want to make the stuff you have look even better there is much to learn from those haunts. Even if you don't build it all yourself.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
sweeney you seem to think like me :) Unfortunatly I'm limited to what I can do so i have about a graveyard theme and that's pretty much it. There's sections that I put together though so it flows a little

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
It's not about how much unrelated crap can get jammed into the yard. It's about the overall effect. A lesson more haunters should learn.
Well stated, IMO. PR's stuff is not visually overwhelming, but it evokes a mood. The atmosphere is what impacts you.
Not to slam anyone who makes the effort to decorate, but there are some "displays" that resemble a yard sale with police "caution tape" around them.
What PR does in a relatively small space is really inspiring, and it's all homemade stuff.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts