Haunt Forum banner

Pumpkinrot's Blight scarecrow

4K views 44 replies 19 participants last post by  NecroBones 
#1 ·
Pumpkinrot's site has posted a link to his work in progress. Click here, and scroll to the bottom.

Heh. :)

#3 ·
The picture that is there shows a picture of the prop that beat him out a while ago. I think he might be thinking about taking my suggestion about paper macheing one of those large plastic pumpkins that you get at Wal-greens. My wife and I told him that it would be funny if he did that to make fun of the big egg that beat him out a few years ago. He might be doing that with Blight this year. It would be fun to see if he does that.

#11 ·
Dr Morbius said:
I don't get it. I don't see what you're talking about, I don't see anything funny.
I thought you were tring to josh us again Dr M, but I see that he removed the supposed picture of blight, which wasn't blight, it was the egg that took first against pumpkinrot. I at least was anxious to see a picture and got an egg instead. Ha ha.

#12 ·
See the funny thing is Dr. M is that John has not won a contest yet in his home town. And he was planning on quiting but I told him not too. Not that he would ever listen to me, but he did take a break from the contest last year. Even though John's scarecrows are good, his chances of winning this type of contest are slim. It is one of those down home contest, if you know what I mean. Meaning they are looking for cutie stuff to win.

#15 ·
Pumpkin Rot's stuff is like nobody else's. I vote for him as king of the macabre.... like a real bad nightmare you don't want to have. After I'm done doing Pirates and I go back to the cemetery theme, I hope he doesn't mind how much I rip off his...... how much I imitate his fine work!

#17 ·
Hey, I dont have an original thought in my pretty little head... I admit it. .. Watch out all. I will have everything copied in the next 5 years mmmuuuaaaahhhhh. joke, not enough time to copy everyone! LOL

But isnt that what the websites are for, for peeps to love and copy and try themselves in thier own spaces???

#18 ·
Yeah, I can see how his work would become a trend-setter. He does a fantastic job with his props, and is equally skilled in the photography and image editing of it afterwards. Real artistic style.

It puts my stuff to shame, even if just in terms of how elaborate of a setup I've managed to pull together in a short time. Still, I think there's a lot to be said for developing your own style (which is not necessarily mutually exclusive of various influences), and not being set back by comparing your works to someone else's.

I have yet to build a single scarecrow. But I certainly look forward to seeing his new one.

Bah... cutsie stuff... I think he should have won several years in a row.

#20 ·
It looks like John gave a little video of what blight might look like. It kind of looks like one of the big plastic pumpkins that you might buy. Humm, sound like something I might have said earlier in the thread. Hummm! I remember we were also talking about taking this same concept and making it look like it was melting and then stick a skull in between. All I can say is that John better get that other thing out we talked about this year, because next year I am going to steal that idea. And I have already named it: Gawker.

http://www.pumpkinrot.com/images/blightintro4.wmv

#26 ·
SkullAndBone said:
I'll go ahead and disagree, and I sincerely hope others do as well.
I think you are saying that because your site is among John's favorites. LOL. Which this statement is true. He really loves your site SkullandBones.

But, I think I will agree with the Dr. I love his stuff but lately he has been just a little too big for his pants.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.