Haunt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this might sound...odd.
Which should be normal, coming from me.:p

But, have any of you ever lied to your kid about what their costume was?

I ask this because, there is this guy at work, and he's,well, he's an idiot. But last year, his kid wanted to be an astronaut for halloween. So....they bought him a blue Power Ranger suit, and told him he's an astronaut.
Now, not having kids, I got say, that's not cool. But, is it common? Have any of you done this?

·
Registered
723 Posts
No - I have never lied to my children.

IMO he should have gotten more creative and come up with something to change the costume into an "astronaut" costume. Maybe some well placed tin-foil and some creative work with some paint or dyes.

I think it's wrong to lie to your children. Admittedly there are times you cannot give them the whole truth when it's for their own good or well-being but otherwise the truth is the best thing at all times.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Never lied to our kids as a matter of fact I often feel the other half is too honest. What they dont know isnt their business but teaching them to lie is never good.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not cool...but then again, that's probably how he was raised...

Hence, he's an idiot.

Raising potential idiots...

I would NEVER lie about a Halloween cosutme - that's simply against my morals.

I lie to my children only when it suits me...
("no honey, I don't have any money for you to go to the movies...now, go play in traffic")

...kidding...

I'm as honest as I can be with my children...which means they sometimes hear things they don't want to.

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
That just sucks! I can understand if a kid wants a costume and a parent can't afford to make it, but to just lie because they're too lazy to do anything about it?? He's a fracking jerk!

·
Registered
185 Posts
With the exception of Santa Clause, The Tooth Fairy, The Easter Bunny, and why we can't have a puppy, I never lie to my daughter.

That story is pretty damn funny. If I did do something like that, I wouldn't share it with my coworkers. Especially for a costume as basic as a spaceman. It was probably on the rack at WalMart right next to the Power Ranger costume.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
well its obvious the kid wasnt old enough to even know what a spacesuit looked like
maybe they waited til last minute to get it and some people just have no imagination when it comes to things like that, so they are not able to redesign a costume.
Yes of course i have lied because there are always exceptions like Gloomy Gus said ,and The same for Ugly Joe when it suits me or just plain nunya wil do

·
Registered
21 Posts
That poor kid! The Power Rangers are still watched by kids (even though its like on its bajillionth incarnation), so if he were of age and he went to school to say he was an astronaut, he'd get laughed out of the room for being the lame intellectual Power Ranger.

And then the scarring begins. By the time he's twenty he'll be so antiHalloween that Autumnal themed kegger will cause him to break out into hives!

At least that's what I see.....

I would have to agree with Gus here when it comes to lying to kids. You can do it with ficticious characters, however if it is possibly life altering (as is with Halloween costumes), you must be honest...dreadfully honest!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
damn, I'm almost willing to bet that the guy was too stupid to know that a power ranger wasn't an astronaut.

When i eventually have kids, they're probably going to be lied to... about little things that won't scar their brains. you know, the Santa/Easter Bunny/ Male friendly lesbia..... errrr well, you know :D

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
that guys sucks, perhaps he didnt know a power ranger was not a space man. Dont Power Rangers fly around in space? Was he making a joke about it like "ha ha my little brat didnt know the difference anyway" or was he like " I didnt know what to do and bought a power ranger outfit - I think thats spacey"

Just wondering and playing the devils advocate - something Im pretty good at.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, no. He's just an idiot.
He was well aware of the difference between a Power Ranger and an astronaut, and just told his kid, "yeah, here's your astronaut suit."

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, he's a cable tv installer.:googly:

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Like you guys said, why didn't he just look for something on the rack other than PowerRangers. Christ, with all the costumes being made now by manufacturers, you can't come up with something better or at least more along with line of astronaut.

I got a feeling when this kid grows up he might be posting how he was duped about being an astronaut.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Darn. Where was this child's mother? Did both parents equally not come through for their kid or what?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts