Haunt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the description of the 4th class bucky skeleton, it states the item maybe missing parts or hardware. Wondering from those who have bought them if this has been a big issue. That is has anyone purcahsed one with a missing hand or something really noticeable? I'd like to get a couple this year (don't own any), and realize for the price it's a good deal, but woukld like to get them "intact".
Thanks for any feedback.

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances. I got one a couple of years ago from ACC on sale for $50. I expected to have to do some work on it, but it was in great shape - all parts present and no deformities at all. I just had to re-glue one rib. I have read some horror stories, though.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I bought one this year and a couple of screws were missing and a few had come off in the box. Other than that, it was in great shape. I'd buy another one!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i think its kinda like the sculls where there is 2 teeth missing, always the same ones it seems....

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Hi Jdubbya. I own 6 of the buckies from ACC, and I've never had anything wrong other than mis-shapen jaws, minor discolorations, and minor disconnects at the rib area. I've never heard of anyone actually receiving one missing major parts such as hands or worse. I would also say, that this is NOT the time to buy a buckie. They are usually on sale right after the transworld show in Feb. We will be in touch with Marilyn this week in regards to current sale prices available, and will ask about their current cost, and any anticipated sales in the near future. Unless you're building a prop that involves a buckie right now, I'd suggest you hang in there a little longer.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all!
Sounds like a good deal. Vlad, I'm going to be on the lookout here for another group buy. I definitely want in on it. Appreciate your help.;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks Vlad
I was just about to ask that question dealing with Bucky's and the best time to buy. Even at $78 they are a pretty good deal, but I couldn't bring myself to buy one know I had seen them at $60 or even $50 before. Put me down for at least 2 maybe 4. Could also use some torso's as well.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
I believe that $60 is the lowest sale cost on buckies that we'll ever see again, if it even goes that low again, keep your fingers crossed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought 2 at $50 and 2 At $60 over the last 2 years and the only problem I have ever had is 2 broken ribs on one of them that was not really a problem. When you consider the prices for cheaply made skeleton that Walmart trys to sell each year, I think they are a great bargain when you get a Bucky on sale.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, I just got my first two this year. Just a few missing screws, and different finishes on some of the surfaces. I liked the parts without the shiney finish, because it took stain better. Actually the first quality head that I got had a more mishappen jaw than the 2 4th quality buckys. Mine were purchased from eBay. Had no idea that discounts would be available to members of the forum at the time. Good Luck :jol:

·
Registered
147 Posts
we just got ours the other day. there was nothing missing from it, one screw was loose in the box, and there was an extra tooth in there too (the skull had all it's teeth!) the ribs were a lil jacked up, but all-in-all, a good deal!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I only own one 4th class bucky. The only flaw I've noticed (and it is now 2 years old) is that it has 2 left hands. Unless you look closely at the thumb locations, you'd never notice a thing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The only problems I had with mine were some nuts and bolts that had come loose from the ribcage and a few discolored parts, but other than that it was perfect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts