Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
King Kong actress and Original Scream Queen, Fay Wray died in her New York apartment on Sunday. A sad day for we fans of the film. :(

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
R.I.P. Janet Leigh

Janet Leigh, age 77, died at her home Sunday in Beverly Hills. Ms. Leigh who starred in more than 50 movies, is most famous for her role as the hapless shower victim in Alfred Hitchcock thriller, Psycho. She will be missed. :(

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Moustapha Akkad is dead.

Halloween exec producer and franchise head, Moustapha Akkad, has died as a result of the injuries he sustained in Wednesday night's deadly bombings in the Middle East. His thirty-year-old daughter, Reem, was also killed, according Reuters.

The blasts occured amongst three separate Western hotel chains in the Jordanian capital of Amman. Fifty-nine people were killed. Officials obviously suspect Al Qaeda's involvement due to the timing, precision and location of the attacks which took place before 9pm last night. Two Americans reportedly died in those bombings.

Akkad suffered had suffered a heart attack, according to our sources, he passed away while at the hospital last night. NBC News reports that Reem, a mother of two, and Akkad were in a Hyatt Hotel lobby when the bomb inside went off.

I admit I lost some respect for the man for continuing the Halloween franchise long after it should have ended, but if not for him there wouldn't have been a Michael Myers in the first place. A sad day of affairs indeed. :( RIP Moustapha Akkad.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Yes, I echo your sentiments about his treatment of the franchise... nobody deserves this. RIP. :(

·
Registered
154 Posts
Otho from Beetlejuice Died

From CNN Entertainment:

Actor Glenn Shadix dies at 58

Glenn Shadix, an actor who is perhaps best known for playing Otho in the 1988 film "Beetle Juice," has passed away at the age of 58.

The Alabama native died Tuesday morning in his Birmingham condo, a family member told The Birmingham News.

"He was having mobility problems, and he was in a wheelchair," his sister said, adding that Shadix appeared to have hit his head after a fall.

Shadix - who has been in a number of films and television shows - worked with Tim Burton more than once, supplying the voice of the Mayor in Burton's 1993 work "The Nightmare Before Christmas," and also appearing in the filmmaker's 2001 movie, "Planet of the Apes."

According to The Birmingham News, Shadix studied theater at a local college in the mid-1970s before making the move to New York and then Los Angeles. He returned to his southern roots about three years ago after almost 30 years in the business to be closer to his family and to write, his sister told the paper.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/08/actor-glenn-shadix-dies-at-58/?iref=allsearch

·
Muddled Moderator
28,208 Posts
I had seen this yesterday. He was really good in the Otho roll.

·
2,276 Posts
Sad :( I got to meet him a few times, he was a really nice guy !

·
I Never Fibula
1,450 Posts
Bummer - I also enjoyed him in "Innerspace."
Note to the article writer: At 96, is it really important to provide a cause of death?

·
Guardian of Darkness
39,431 Posts
Till today I always thought he was dead already.

Always remember him from Body Snatchers. RIP Kevin.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts