Haunt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I could get radioactive tape? Preferably 1 inch or more wide? I have searched everywhere on the net and I all get biohazard,caution etc....
I found one site, but they wanted an order of $50 minimum
I also found one on Amazon, but it looks fake since its red/black/yellow- I think its for athletics and its $11.99

I am going to have doorways and windows (outside) blocked off with this, and also use it as a barricade (fence) on pvc.

·
Super Moderator
64,354 Posts

·
User Title Already Taken
2,237 Posts
If those don't work, you need to find safety supplier sites or a safety supplier close to you for construction. (I am a safety manager by trade)

These places will carry any size you are looking for or be able to get it for you. You probably won't find a roll under 500 feet but they should be able to get you just one.

Grainger you usually have to have an account to order from. I don't think it is just anyone walking in.

Safety Solutions, Industrial safety products, etc are by me in Ohio. There are several by you I imagine.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I'm seeing radiation tape, but it's generally in the 500-1000 foot rolls from real industrial supply places and costing 30-40 bucks +. Probably not a great call for this in the 'party' stores! Great if you need that much, but if you just need a bit to make the place look authentic, you might try:

1) Just get 'Caution' or 'Danger' tape, which seems to be a bit more generic, sold in small quantities at all the usual online retailers, etc. Make a stencil cut out the radiation trifoil symbol and manually stencil it in between the 'caution' or 'danger' words, to convey a similar message.

2) Just use the caution/danger tape as is and make some signs saying 'Radiation Hazard' - (maybe find a nice graphic and print it out on normal paper - or even buy some radiation signs from Amazon, etc for a few bucks:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007SWKTN6

Obviously, copious amounts of glow in the dark paint and a black light or two are required, what ever method you choose!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Radioactive Caution Tape

I think Roxy found the best deal out there from Grainger.
$40.00 shipped for 1000ft roll and its got the symbol on it complete with correct color.
I work part time on MRI X-ray and CT machines at various children's hospitals and have a few big signs but no tape.
Personally your best bet would be to buy the roll and then take off what you need and resale the rest to recoup.
Here's a idea though if you have time to waste.
Print off the design you like with the symbol and wording, stretch it out in MS Paint to match the width of clear packing tape and print off on color paper what you need then use clear packing tape to bind them together.
You'll save half the money for sure but good lord almighty the time it would take.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts