Haunt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, noob here and not sure where to start! I want to build some realistic look animatronics for my scare maze but not sure on the joints to use to get good range of motion that also look natural???? please help

this is the look and range of motion I need for the arms of my prop

also having difficulty figuring out the internals of this window animatronic

many thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
This guy has really come up with how to get good movement. There is some how to in his video and it is really good. It should give you some ideas on how to build what you want.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey all, noob here and not sure where to start! I want to build some realistic look animatronics for my scare maze but not sure on the joints to use to get good range of motion that also look natural???? please help

this is the look and range of motion I need for the arms of my prop

also having difficulty figuring out the internals of this window animatronic

many thanks
The nun looks to be a gear motor shoulder joint with a cam , connected to upper arm. Sometimes the motor does a full rotation, sometimes it appears to do half then reverse to full. I'm not much for building mechanical linkages though, that's just a guess from what I can see.

Reactions: daz1

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The nun looks to be a gear motor shoulder joint with a cam , connected to upper arm. Sometimes the motor does a full rotation, sometimes it appears to do half then reverse to full. I'm not much for building mechanical linkages though, that's just a guess from what I can see.
also the arms seem to sway out to the sides but not to much, so i wonder if they have some sort of movement restricting hinge ????

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think that the violent movement is done with air driven actuators but could be done with a wiper motor. The lunge is a scissor mech with air actuator though. You can find the plans to these online.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts