Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3534 Posts

·
Banned
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this forum didn't have one of these so I thought 'why not add one' ;)

So what are the most recent horror films you've seen?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
just saw: The hill has eyes, it was pretty good, excellent gore, somewhat believable too, gave me the *****

Saw Silent Hill in the theatre and anticipantly waiting for Aug 22 when it comes out on DVD,

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
House on Silent Hill with Vincent Price and The Creeps with 3' tall wolfman, 3' Dracula, 3' mummy and 3' Frankenstein.

This week I have Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter to watch! Yay!

-Bryce :) aka Sickie Ickie aka B-Movie Fan

·
Registered
432 Posts
You really want to know? I'm in the midst of my "horror re-education project". Here's what I've watched in the last 5 or 6 weeks or so:

* "A Nightmare on Elm Street"/Freddy (all 7)

* "An American Werewolf in London"

* "Dawn of the Dead" (2004)

* "Day of the Dead" (1985)

* "Friday the 13th"/Jason (1-8)

* "Halloween" (all 8)

* "Hellraiser" (1-2)

* "I Know What You Did Last Summer" (both)

* "Night of the Living Dead" (original)

* "Phantasm" (first)

* "Rosemary's Baby"

* "Saw" (both)

* "Scary Movie" (1) :)

* "Scream" (all 3)

* "Stigmata"

* "The Blair Witch Project" (both)

* "The Dead Zone"

* "The Fog" (1980, 2005)

* "The Ninth Gate"

* "The Prophecy" (all 3)

* "The Ring" (both)

* "The Texas Chain Saw Massacre" (1974 version)

* "The Thing"

It totals over 50 movies. I think the local blockbuster probably thinks I'm nuts. :)

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Hellraiser: Bloodline (I think I am one of the only people alive who love this film. :D ) The Prophecy, Dog Soldiers, The Descent.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am sorry but this genre of film, especially the contemporary "Hack and Slashers", I have never enjoyed: Something about excessive gratuitous violence that makes them intellectually insulting... although I did enjoy "The Shinning", the original "Exorcist", and I do enjoy the old Hollywood classic horror films such as the Mummy, Dracula, Frankenstein, etc.

However, I must confess that back in the 70's we would get wasted and go watch the midnight presentation of the "Night of the Living Dead" on a regular bases. And there is one horror film that haunted my dreams for the longest time and that was the "House of Dark Shadows".

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Spooky dude, did you like the first or the second "the Shining"

I am a lover of the Jack Nicholson version the best. The second one followed the book a bit more but I thought it was freekin stupid.

The first one was amazing when it stands on its own, same with all of Stephen King movies, they cannot compare to the books but if you let them stand alone, they are pretty good. (Shawhank is another one and Sometimes they come back)

Whats your take on this?

·
Registered
432 Posts
SpookyDude, I agree totally. In this horror-onslaught I've put myself under, I've mostly been watching the slashers just to have seen them. I do find them repetative, and formulaic. I'm getting surprised occasionally by other films though, such as Saw. The remake of Dawn of the Dead was better than I expected. However I found the remake of The Fog to be somewhat disappointing.

Currently I'm working my way through the Hellraiser series, and trying to grab a few more werewolf and zombie movies.

I've been putting off The Excorcist and The Shining, since I've seen them more recently than most of the other stuff (much of which I had never seen).

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just watched High Tension last night. Not bad for a foreign overdubbed flick. I love the surprise ending.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ditto!

I liked High Tension, as well. And it's a good thing they had the twist at the end because the "Cat and Mouse" chase was getting to be a bit boring to me. The twist saved the movie as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Cigarette Burns from the Carpenter entry of Masters of Horror. It's only an hour long and well worth the sixty seconds if you like Carpenter and want something different. Definitely his darkest work. I am in complete awe of the man.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
heresjohnny said:
The new version of texas chainsaw massacre. I didn't like this one very much.
The new or old version? I hated both of them. The second was saved only by the presence of R. Lee Ermy and Jessica Biel in those tight ass jeans. Other than that they both pretty much sucked. I have never understood the snake fascination that Horror fans have had for that annoying film, the original one that is.

Thank god there's an individual of like mind around and I'm not the only one. :D You rock, HJ!

·
Ghost Maker
3,014 Posts
Sinister said:
The new or old version? I hated both of them. The second was saved only by the presence of R. Lee Ermy and Jessica Biel in those tight ass jeans. Other than that they both pretty much sucked. I have never understood the snake fascination that Horror fans have had for that annoying film, the original one that is.

Thank god there's an individual of like mind around and I'm not the only one. :D You rock, HJ!
Thanks Sinister! I was referring to the new version, and Jessica Biel made the movie worth watching through to the end. Never saw the original.

1 - 20 of 3534 Posts