Haunt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
What to do with it? Scare people, of course! How does it move - two independent wheels? And is the controller wireless? You may be able to mount it on a rail and have it charge out at the TOTs.

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
I got myself one of those before xmas. I was wondering the same thing but I decided having it walk around would mean that it would get stepped on to taken.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Yeah thats what i was thinking on a web of some sort one it wont stick too..you may have to make a small track for it or have it crawling behind it.
does it just roll when moving or do the legs move too?

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
duh ...ok watched your vid.
hah my cat and dogs would have a blast with that.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
If you can't think of anything to do with it, send it here!!!! :D I'll use it to crawl around the buffet table for the party.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting idea Morb. A new world indeed. :) Jeessh, I have to admit I have so much trouble understanding the talk about prop 1's I'm nervous to even go within 20 feet of one. Almost as soon as people talk, it's gobbly **** to me.

Yes, Lilly- the legs move too. It only goes forward and spins around, but for my uses that's all I need. I have to admit, I wish it had a reverse, though...

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I've been wanting to make an uber version of this thing for quite a while. like a 6' monster spider to chase kids up and down the street and shoots silly string out it's butt.. still in R&D right now. :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've been wanting to make an uber version of this thing for quite a while. like a 6' monster spider to chase kids up and down the street and shoots silly string out it's butt.. still in R&D right now. :D
Like this one Hiblagrande?

Sikie Ikie I saw that very Spider at Target last year and that is what inspired me to make the project above. Its not 100% finished yet but I still used it last Halloween. Maybe you should expand your plans and upscale that spider. I had lots of fun chasing kids through the yard and down the street.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Haunted Neurons
that's pretty cool
have a how to?
or what did you use for the " hairy skin" a rug of some sort?

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice haunted neurons. :D If I were to chase the kids on the street, not only would we have a splattered spider but dead kids! LOL I live on a highway.

Do your spiders legs move? Did you build it on an existing RC?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I dont mean to hijack Sikie Ickies thread so I wont post a ton of info on it here. If there is interest I will post detailed pictures in the showcase forum in the near future.

To answer some questions:
The covering is not a rug it is a hairy fabric I got at Hobby Lobby.

The legs dont move...yet, this is still a work in progress. I am working on a cam system. I need to finish the head still too.

It is not on an already built RC base it was made from scratch with an old drill motor and lawnmower wheels.

Here is a video of it in action. (kind of hard to see)

Remote ctrl GIANT spider :: GiantSpider.flv video by HauntedNeurons - [email protected]@[email protected]@http://vid69.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/HauntedNeurons/Remote%20ctrl%20GIANT%20spider/[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@i58/HauntedNeurons/Remote%20ctrl%20GIANT%20spider/GiantSpider

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have no problem with you giving info, haunted Neurons. The way I see it, it still belongs under this thread of RC Tarantulas, so feel free to post and share. :-D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts