Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I never did like the plastic "pirate coins" you could buy in bulk so I decided to try and make some that looked a bit more real. Here are my boring coins I cast over the weekend that actually turned out halfway decent.

40 down, only 3000 more to go!

As promised, here is the How-to!

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
Those are beautiful, IMU - well done!

·
Muddled Moderator
28,211 Posts
Those look great! What did you use to cast them?

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the kind words. They were very simple to make. I'll try and put a little how-to together in the near future.

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The how-to has been posted (it's in the how-to section and link added to the first post). :)

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Finger Bar & POTC Cursed Coin

Other treasure ...

Finger Bars (usually in just gold but why not silver too) & a quick copy of the Aztec Cursed Gold Coin from POTC.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You know, it would have been so much easier to just say, "Bah! Who's going to notice the cheap coins I bought at a store?" Instead you chose to go to the next level and opt for a level of realism that shows such an attention to detail. A really excellent result!

Rich

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks again for the kind words.

You know, it would have been so much easier to just say, "Bah! Who's going to notice the cheap coins I bought at a store?" Instead you chose to go to the next level and opt for a level of realism that shows such an attention to detail. A really excellent result!

Rich
Ya know, I am a fool for putting so much effort into the 'little' details but its MY display and I'll know. :D

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts