Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have compiled a bunch of pictures into a general How-to on my new rising spirits prop. Obviously this is just an overview of the build, so if you need any specifics just ask.

A quick list of materials before you check out my video:
7 or 8 feet of 1/2 inch pvc (you could use heavier if you want to)
heat gun to bend pvc
skull or head of some sort---I used 2 part urethane skulls from a latex mold
black water distribution hose (i used this because I found it on clearance for $1----improvise with your own ideas here (needs to be fairly lightweight, though)
duct tape, zip ties, and other misc. fasteners
greatstuff expanding foam
black spraypaint
black pantyhose
latex
acrylic paints

Ok, now that you've got all your materials, keep up with this video and you'll be done in 3 minutes 15 seconds :D

( actually they took me just 3 evenings to make each spirit )

rising spirit :: RISING SPIRIT PROP HOW TO remix by davethedead - Photobucket

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Good video Dave..
If i have time i may try this..

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Oh Shut the hell up...THAT was freakin COOOOOL!!! WOW, i wanna put that in my lawn right now to scare my neighbors. Excellent job. WOW WOW WOW

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Any further progress on your 3rd yet?
Have you decided yet on how you will set these up?

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Y I know how that is ..should be working on my other things but made the swing instead haha.. ok thanks

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Truely a masterpiece. I wish i could hang out in your garage and watch you work sometime. Your use of common materials to obtain your effects is amazing.Do you have a link to the how-to?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Truely a masterpiece. I wish i could hang out in your garage and watch you work sometime. Your use of common materials to obtain your effects is amazing.Do you have a link to the how-to?
sorry bonedancer, just the video for now....no detailed how-to. The thing is, its so much like watching a mad scientist when I get rolling on a prop, I don't even know if I could write a decent how to....take some of this....oh nothat didn't work, try that, yeah that's better...now add this, oh yeah! what if....no....ok try that.....:D

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
I guess that is the point I was trying to make. You dont start with a bucky, but use normal hardware items. And on top of that you show the importance of thinking out of the box ( or coffin ) when creating your props. Again, very well done.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Monster Maestro Dave,
I tried my hand at haunting last year...and boy, was it a disaster, but there was a line around the block to get into my crate shed and covered porch. This year I think I am going to imitate you, a bit, on you creations.
So, I am glad you like to share:)
I am thinking of doing three spirits but with a little more twist in the figures, attach them to an old motorized pottters wheel, build a box around them, add lights. Hopefully the spin and the lighting will give the feeling of upward motion. I was thinking of building a bottomless pit and putting on it it "gateway" to hell. Then on the spirits box have "exit".... Any thoughts on that?

1 - 20 of 120 Posts