Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This prop is using both a wiper motor and 2 cylinders. It's almost complete. I'm trying to find a good sound for it.

Rocking Scary Granny

·
Slowly Losing My Mind
2,820 Posts
The motion is killer and unexpected!
Your walking along noticing a cool animated prop and perhaps not expecting much more and then... BAM! It makes another move! Love that!
Nice job!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Lunatic! Thanks for the feedback! Once I get her appearance complete I hope to find the right sound for her. I've been searching the Internet for granny sounds. I can't really find anything yet.

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
I mentioned this in your first thread - I might be able to help you with some granny sounds:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Granny sounds

Hi Roxy! Help with granny sounds would great! I'll PM you. Thank you.

·
Slowly Losing My Mind
2,820 Posts
I mentioned this in your first thread - I might be able to help you with some granny sounds:)
I was going to make an off color comment about how easy it would be for Roxy to make granny sounds but we like her too much so I won't.:D
Actually, we know that Roxy is a very talented composer. You rock Roxy! Can't wait to hear the track.

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
^Smartypants:)

So now there's a knife-wielding granny and an axe-wielding granny at davensj's house. I'll bet that keeps the door-to-door sales people in check:)

·
Clean "cut"
26,998 Posts
Granny got moves! She is great!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL, RoxyBlue that's funny!
Thanks, Hairazor! Granny will be happy to know that, haha!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Small update to this prop :)
I added a spring to help lift her knife arm. It makes the steel wire cable pull her a little smoother. I'm using the controller from ScubaSpook and it works perfect! The controller is impressive. Since the controller has other outputs available I want to add more movement and lighting.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you RoxyBlue! (Bonnie)

RoxyBlue made me custom sound for my Rocking Scary Granny. Thank you so much, Bonnie! I like the humor added with her scary look. Kinda makes it twisted. The way I like it, LOL!!
Next year (after I learn a few more things) I'd like to open a pro haunt. I would certainly hire her vocals to welcome my guests.
Thank you RoxyBlue!!!

Rocking Scary Granny with Sound

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
Happy to help out, Dave:) BTW, I like what you did with her hair - the spiders are a great finishing touch.

This should embed better:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Roxy! Thank you again :)
I'll add the trigger sound with your witch laugh tomorrow. I just finished editing it. The ScubaSpook/tstraub controller holds all the MP3 sounds you made. Now I'm having fun thinking of adding other animatronics to her surroundings. All that on ScubaSpook's controller.

·
Clean "cut"
26,998 Posts
Granny is better than ever, Roxy's sound track puts her over the top

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Hairazor, Lunatic, and Kevin! I really appreciate Roxy loaning her talent, LOL! I might have granny out on the porch for the month of October :)

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
Your house might get egged if you do, Dave. She's a grumpy old b**ch...oh wait....:D

I really enjoyed doing these tracks for you. So much fun to be allowed to voice all those inner evil thoughts:googly:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi RoxyBlue! LOL if my house gets egged because of scary granny, then she did an awesome job! LOL!
I just added the trigger sound. I used your witch laugh along with an echo.

Rocking Scary Granny trigger sound

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
Holy moly, now that's demented!:eek::jol:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts