Haunt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd been wanting to try my hand at making rope vines for a while now and since we are making some additions to our little pumpkin patch area this year I decided to take a crack at them. Mine are done to match the color scheme of the large roots and vines I already made with pool noodles, and the stems of the pumpkins I have corpsed. The new rope vines fit in perfectly! I may have to make a few more if I have time before setup!

Plant Brick Wood Twig Branch
Plant Grass Wood Trunk Groundcover

Plant Wood Twig Trunk Grass

·
Super Moderator
64,391 Posts
I see your supervisor was keeping a prudent distance from the messy painting part of the job:p

Those are some gnarly-looking vines!

Reactions: OakLaneCemetery

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see your supervisor was keeping a prudent distance from the messy painting part of the job:p

Those are some gnarly-looking vines!
My supervisor tends to let me do my own thing and just judges me from a distance. He tries to slip in and distract me rom my work so he can take credit, as most supervisors will, but for the most part he is a decent guy. I find that if I offer some "compensation", such as treats or belly rubs, he will for the most part leave me alone to complete my work. I've yet to find a way to discourage him from trying to steal the limelight when I make videos though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could only see one photo but yeah! Have you considered adding more branching or tendrils Possibly leaves? You definitely have the process down. Make more!
I made 4 during my learning process. 1st was pretty much just a 6ft rope wrapped in twine with a few tendrils and fairly plain as I was not real sure of the best way to go yet.. On #2 I experimented with more and more size varied twine tendrils. For #3 I separated the braids of rope a little before tying the twine on and added a few more longer tendrils. For the last one #4 I made it twice as long and separated even more rope to create a branched look at each end and went a little heavier with my overall twine wraps. #4 was definitely the best and is the one in the photos and video. Mine were themed to match the pumpkin roots and stems I have already made over the years so they are closely matched in color and design. These can be made for whatever theme or set design is required just by changing up the paint scheme, gluing on moss, leaves or fine mulch, or even painting them with flesh tones and permablood to make guts, giant veins, or alien tendrils. Shiny black ones could be used on the walls in an alien hive theme.

You can see the difference in the unpainted vines in these pics as I learned to make them. These were the first 3 with the first attempt on top...

Grass Groundcover Tree Plant Landscape

And this was the 4th after figuring things out better...

Plant Natural landscape Grass Groundcover Terrestrial plant

1 - 7 of 7 Posts