Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've all experienced it at some point in our lives - something that causes problems, something that annoys us, and ultimately, something that may lead us down the ever-spiraling pathway of obsessive fear or anxiety. It has a name - a bugbear.

You can't escape it, but now you will know its face and form…..

026 final by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

024 final by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

023 final by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

2016 Bugbear Materials

Jaguar skull aquarium ornament - $8.99
Wire coat hangers (2) - free
Soda bottle (1) - free
Newspaper - free
2" wide masking tape (10 feet X $0.05) - $0.50
Make-A-Size paper towels (18 pieces X $0.08) - $1.44
1" plastic eye blank (1 cut in half) - $0.30
Hot glue - $0.05
Wooden beads (12 X $0.03) - $0.36
Latex and acrylic paints - $1.00
Color changing tea light - $1.50

TOTAL COST - $14.14

A short "How I Did It" video:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sweet, and ambiguously terrifying, too! I picked up a fairly expensive gator skull from the Walmart fish section last year that I recently rediscovered while digging through boxes, and was super impressed with myself, wondering what I could do with it. I now have more inspiration!!

·
Muddled Moderator
28,242 Posts
A disturbing looking creature, it better not show up in the bedroom. I like the music you did for him.

·
Clean "cut"
27,468 Posts
Once again you display your great talent for creation, this is truly bodacious!!

·
Scaring kids everywhere!
2,614 Posts
Ok Roxy that is truly disturbing! The paper toweling gives an almost reptilian texture. It sort of looks like a demented cross between a Komodo Dragon and a cougar. Dr. Roxy Moreau are you moonlighting at Plum Island? ;)"
That lil' buggar would definitely freak me out. I LOVE him. :D :D :D

·
Super Moderator
64,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A disturbing looking creature, it better not show up in the bedroom.
Too late - he got under the bed yesterday:googly:

Thank you, my dears! I'm starting to think I'm getting this whole prop-making thing down:jol:

Glad you enjoyed the music, Lightman. I've been experimenting with mixing the childlike innocence of nursery rhyme songs with something a little more dark and brooding. Makes for an interesting contrast.

·
IN MEMORIAM - A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,670 Posts
:jol:It looks like a cross between a gila monster and some prehistoric relic that crawled out of a cave! I love him/she/it! The changing light was a genius stroke, it brings a whole other perspective to a really chilling, static prop. Almost makes it move. Awesome concept and design Roxy!:D (and I like how you let the hanger shape kind of dictate the shape of the body of the beast...really clever and resourceful)

·
Super Moderator
64,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, guys (and ladies:))! I'm happy with the way he turned out, and I think he'll make for a good addition to our cemetery display. He does have that prehistoric vibe going.

·
H.B.I.C.
9,101 Posts
Oooo, yes I like him! He does have a nice texture to his skin and I like the paint job too. He is a bit creepy.

·
Something Wicked
2,119 Posts
Very nice! Whether intended or not, I especially enjoy the how the texture of the paper towel mache and the paint work gives it an almost fish-like feel.

·
Super Moderator
64,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Definitely a prehistoric look to that, like something that came back to life from the ice age, when a glacier thawed.
Oooh, you mean like this guy? I think they're related:D

Thanks for the kind words, all!

·
Batty Beautiful
5,633 Posts
Gosh, that is seriously creepy! Yet another masterpiece Roxy! This will make voting very tough indeed!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts