Haunt Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
This is so sad, I was so hopeful he could beat this. He inspired so many. I have also watched his videos, Halstaff was a fantastic teacher. He will be greatly missed. May the warm, happy memories of him comfort his family and friends in the days to come.

·
Clean "cut"
27,612 Posts
So sad to hear of this loss. I wish his family peace and comfort in the days ahead.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I’m sad to hear Steve has passed. He was one of the first people I met at CalHauntS. He has helped me with advice on a few props.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'm so sad to hear this. My condolences to his family. There are no real words to say how horrible cancers and tumours are. Sometimes they just can't be beaten no matter how hard the person tries to hang on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Saw this note posted by Brian Koci on Facebook this morning and wanted to pass it along since so many of us here know his dad Steve Koci (aka Halstaff), the go-to guy and master of animated props. He has been diagnosed with an aggressive Stage 4 brain tumor, and his doctors have told his family he is eligible for hospice.

View attachment 21476
As years go by, his absence will be more and more apparent. A uniquely qualified good guy!
God bless and keep him close to his heart.

·
Headless & Haunting
Creating a massive fundraiser haunted house for our local Scout group.
4,783 Posts
I was just chatting with Copchick and mentioned P5 & Halstaff and then discovered Steve had passed as well. So sad. RIP Steve - you've left a Halloween legacy that we all appreciate.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this! Such a nice and kind man! Steve's talent was a thing of legend but the truth also is he was a really nice person, fun. He will be so missed!!!!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Steve gave me the encouragement to step out of the box and create some great Halloween pieces. I enjoyed watching his videos and learned much from his techniques. My sincere condolences to his family and friends. Halstaff was legendary and will be sorely missed. RIP Steve. God Bless.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was not aware of his passing until last night just a busy schedule. We (wife and I ) had the great privilege of meeting Steve a few time at Transworld and kept in touch with him via text and calls. The first time we met, Steve, my wife and I sat for almost 2 hours at the Pi pizza place just outside the convention center just talking about Micro-controllers and shared many ideas on projects on the napkins and photos. I was saddened when I heard of his illness and had looked forward to spending time with him at the show in May 2021 and now heart broken to hear of his passing. I know he had a love for the hobby and the people that he knew but highly spoke about his family with his son that did camera work for his videos and video taping his display for Halloween... R.I.P. Steve... My Haunt this year is in memory of you Steve!
Dave

·
Batty Beautiful
5,654 Posts
Oh my gosh, I had no idea!!! My condolences are late but please accept them anyway!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
My condolences to his family.
Halstaff's creativity was an inspiration - he will be sorely missed.

I don't stop in here too often any more, but this sure isn't the kind of news I want to hear when I do.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts