Haunt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a general OPINION from all you Guys and ghouls on the board.
As you know, I am doing Multiple HauntFX seminars this season, After the seminars I have Foam Appliances for sale, I price my Appliances cheaper than you can get them anywhere else, My QUESTION is How many of you would be willing to spend a lil extra money to purchase a Professionally Prepainted appliance. Me Personally at this stage of the game wouldnt want to buy a prepainted piece because I believe that half the fun of doing a appliance is doing the appliance to your own tastes, BUT before I was actually able to do a quality job , I think that I would definitely buy a prepainted piece........
Whats your input?

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I would prefer to make it myself. Now if you sold kits, that would be cool.

Oh, and you also posted in the wrong spot. That would be spam if you sell this stuff.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for your opinion deathtouch, and being that Im not trying to sell anything with this thread I would hope that its not in the wrong spot......Thats why I put in the title "OPINION" so not to be confused with trying to promote myself. but as for your opinion , I agree that personally I would want to do it myself, Thanx again

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Yeah, this is in the right spot. ;)

Personally, I have been looking for something for many-a Halloween where it concerns lycanthropes. Everything I ever see looks so hokey that I wouldn't even deign to wear it on me in any way. I would be up for something that would be easy to apply and still look the **** when the final piece was in place. Think about it Bags, you can't make the rounds to every house in America applying make-up and this is the next best thing. So it sounds like a reasonable compromise to me. I say go for it. :jol:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well there we have it both sides of the coin provided by Sinister, and Deathtouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanx for the Opinions guys

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I agree with DT... if you sold kits that would be a good idea. Especially if you could even provide some sort of painting instructions to go with it. I'm not such a great painter. :p

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are right spookydude with the addition to full face full chest applications as well.........

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jeff, I actually know of a gentleman in the business that is in the business because he contacted someone in the business to fabricate him a breast piece for his"girlsnightout" moments in life.....he was facinated by the process and now does custom work himself......... No Jeff, I will not give you his NUMBER!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
In my humble opinion, for what it's worth, I would probably go with the prepainted ones, at least for now. My painting and makeup skills are seriously lacking and having everything already to go would be great. On the nights that we're open, I'm usually running around trying to get all the actors ready and made up, etc so this would definitely be a time saver.

14,925 Posts
Bodybagging said:
Jeff, I actually know of a gentleman in the business that is in the business because he contacted someone in the business to fabricate him a breast piece for his"girlsnightout" moments in life.....he was facinated by the process and now does custom work himself......... No Jeff, I will not give you his NUMBER!
I might already know him ! lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts