Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the trailer for it? Looks like it will be good.Maybe not as good as the first 2.But still looks freaky.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you see the first one - you'll want to see the second

After watching the second - you'll want to see the upcoming release in hopes that it is somehow going to allow you to forgive yourself for watching the sequel

Unfortunately, the second does serve a purpose in the overall storyline and does provide the preface for the third

Does that make any sense - just watch number one and the last thirty minutes of number two

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
If you see the first one - you'll want to see the second
Not necessarily. I thought the first one was waaaayyy over-hyped for what the end result turned out to be. I haven't seen the second one and probably won't unless someone loans it to me. Not bad, but not very good either.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I liked it. Go for it, can't be worse then some of the out there.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The thing to keep in mind when watching the first Saw is that it had inexpensive production values... this shows in several ways, including the acting, since they didn't have the opportunity to re-shoot scenes as much as most other films with their short filming schedule. The story twists, and the concept, are what's interesting.

In the second one, they had more to work with, but it's not just a remake of the first one. The story goes in a different direction, and it gets more philosophical. I think a lot of people didn't like that. Personally, I think it's pretty cool. The thing that bothered me is that the large "puzzle" that several characters are thrown into together for most of the middle of the movie gets a little cheezy at times.

Still, I found the films a lot more entertaining than I expected.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
So, watch it or not?
I say watch the first one at least once. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Who knows, maybe you'll like it. Somehow, I doubt this, because our tastes seem to run parallel. Like I said, it's okay, and that's about it.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I say watch em. I loved both of them. I would not watch the 1st one a second time thats for sure. The acting sucked but I love the fresh new idea of the plot. I cant wait for the 3rd one and the whole fact that some lunitic could actually pull something like this off scares the crap out of me.. so it was good.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'de watch both of em, even though I think the 2nd one sucked I say watch it and see what you think. Sometimes everyones opinion is different.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
If you watch the first and don't like it, then watching the second one is kind of pointless. It's an almost written rule the sequel is rarely ever better than or as good as the sequel. Keeping that in mind, it's almost a foregone conclusion if the first one sucked, well...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well, in terms of the second one, I guess it also depends on what you think makes a movie suck. If you don't like movies that make you think, then yeah, the second one will appeal less. :) The second film will appeal more, though, if the acting is what you're grading it on.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
I actually like the first one. To me it was something different. The second one was OK - like with any sequel, there wasn't much of a surprise.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I liked them both.The acting wasnt the greatest.But It was the story line that got me.To me,Movies like that are scary.They are more believable than movies with fake monsters and killers like freddy and Micheal Myers.Just my thoughts:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts