Color printout for blocks - .10 cents
Gloss varnish - .25 cents
Hot glue - .10 cents
Newspaper, craft paper - free
Paper towel rolls - free
Cardboard - free
Wire hanger - free
Old modem wire - free
Gauze and medical tape - free (visit to the emergency room after camping accident)

Total cost: $8.70 (unless I added it up wrong, which is entirely possible)

·
Super Moderator
64,103 Posts
Holy crap, this guy is gorgeous! Top notch work, Jack, and glad you were able to get him entered.

You made this for a friend, correct? Very lucky recipient of this wonderful creature.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,210 Posts
Wow, Patient Zero looks amazing! Wonderful work Jack. I guess the competition will be for 2nd place now. :D

·
Clean "cut"
26,997 Posts
This Monkey was well worth waiting for, he is Super Rad

·
Something Wicked
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank guys, he was a fun build. I almost ruined his left eye , as some paint brush bristles came off under the varnish and I tried to pick them out, almost to its destruction...gave up and just added more varnish...only I knew that I guess. ;) I meant to say "albino monkey" in the header, so I hope that part is obvious...

·
Something Wicked
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...and yes Roxy, he is going to a friend of mine. Gonna miss him. I may add some open wounds to him before he goes, don't want him too pleasant to look at sitting on a shelf across the country!!!

·
She looks so normal
21,275 Posts
What a darling little snuggle monkey. He's so cute I just want to pinch those cute pink cheeks. Of course he'll probably bite me when I do. And I want to poke him in the belly button, but from the looks of it, it is a bottomless pit and I would probably lose an arm. Yeah, he's a real doll. Possessed yes, but a doll all the same.

·
2,279 Posts
Holy $hit!
So awesome :)
Loving the teeth, texture, bellybutton, eyes......everything!

·
H.B.I.C.
9,101 Posts
He is one funky monkey! Nice job, Sawtooth!

·
Volat cum ea suas alas.
12,853 Posts
(said with best English accent...resting chin on both hands, elbows on table)) Tell us about the camping accident..oh please do!!

love this!

·
Something Wicked
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
(said with best English accent...resting chin on both hands, elbows on table)) Tell us about the camping accident..oh please do!!

love this!
Thanks!

And I wish the accident had been mine. My oldest was away at camp over the summer and nearly lost the tip of his finger when it was accidentally stomped on during an impromptu dance session. :sick: Life lesson learned: do not put your hands on the floor to pop a move while a throng of wildly celebrating campers are jumping and stomping all around you. So if you count in ortho costs, maybe that gauze cost thousands???!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts