Haunt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was my first serious attempt at a paper mache mask. Eventually, I want to use it as the face for a full scarecrow, but as I am currently lacking in storage space for a large prop, that will have to wait.

Used a plastic mask blank for the base, tissues for the top layer of mache to give it texture, and a few scraps of burlap.

·
Headless & Haunting
Creating a massive fundraiser haunted house for our local Scout group.
4,783 Posts
Love it - great job!

·
IN MEMORIAM - A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,670 Posts
:jol: Really great Scarecrow head! I love the twisted look and the burlap is definitely a nice touch. Now all he needs is a body and there'll be no crows at your house!:D

·
Super Moderator
64,290 Posts
This has a uniquely primitive, aboriginal look to it.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Build your scarecrow so that it can be taken apart for storage.
Traditional scarecrows were a couple of branches lashed together covered by old clothing stuffed with straw, with a stuffed sack and an old hat for the head. You can build yours the same way, or, if you prefer, use PVC pipe and fittings for the framework, but the point is you can make your scarecrow easily storable during the offseason, just use your imagination.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,266 Posts
The mask looks fantastic. I love the style, it will make a great scarecrow.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Very unique and scary. I am liking this.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I really like his look. What type/color stain or paint did you use? I want one too

·
Registered
159 Posts
Very, very nice.

I wonder......................If I put tjhis guy on a scarecrow in my front yard, do you think it would keep the doves from taking a dump on my Jeep? LOL!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts