Haunt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a LINK to photos of my 2006 Yard Haunt relatively simple Scarecrow in progress. It uses 1" PVC 6ft and (2) 2ft for the arms so it's 6ft 10in tall. I used a Gauze Zombie 2005 sale costume (the same costume sells for $30-$35 this year. I got it for $8 last year after Halloween at Kmart and immediatley pictured it as a scarecrow). A new $5 plastic 8" skull I found at Target with a hole cut in it to fit over a 1" PVC 45 degree elbow joint. The rope on the bottom is the belt from the costume. I used a dreadlock wig because it's stringy. The pirate hat is just to see what the prop looks like with any hat on. I have a black wide flat brim Clint Eastwood-type of cowboy hat at home from Target's 2005 sale that I plan to use on Halloween. It also looks creepy without the hat. I plan to put what resembles straw 'fingers' on it that I cut from the cardboard box a 36" poseable skeleton came in last year. I used (2) 45 degree elbows to make the head bow down sort of reminding me of the movie Jeepers Creepers. Some people make elaborate ones out of real duster jackets and grape vines that look really nice, but I just needed to get one done LOL. With the right hat, some Krylon Fusion Ultra-Flat black spraypaint on the PVC and a floodlight pointing up at it in the fog it should be good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts