Haunt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I made a brand new scare crow yesterday which will be placed along the cornstalk trail this year. I am looking to make 1 or two more but the next two will be with pumpkin heads. Tell me what you think, thanks!

·
Registered
442 Posts
cool - think about addin some different textures to it - maybe some jute..cheesecloth..bag-o-web dipped in latex paint - vines - twigs - its a great start! keep us posted

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I'm with 1031fan -- he looks cool, now he needs some of the uniformity broken up. Also stain him to make him look weathered and messed up -- coffee and tea are good for that; mist (don't blast) here & there with black spraypaint to look mildewed. And dont forget to stain the twine/rope that's tying him; a lot of people forget that part. And something dangly from the hands... vines, ratty rags, torn-up stained cheesecloth, whatever -- something to hang and sway in the breeze.

That's a groovy mask... where'd ya find it?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Great job! I love the mask, its really creapy. I agree about the hands and stuff. The other 2 you are planning on making sound great!

Tell me, Is your mother worried about you yet?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've decided that I'll add some like vines rapping down him, light spots of black spray paint and possibly red light up eyes. Thanks for the sugjestions and glad you like it! P.S. My mother is cool about it and loves crafts so sometimes she will help, they just dont like the early prop building, but I don't think they understand how close the opening haunt day is!

·
Panic time is here!
3,756 Posts
early...shmearly...

Keep up the good work. Please post a pic when you are done.
I haven't tackled a scarecrow yet but I would like to build one for next year. I don't think I can get to it this year.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
very nice Shady ..
maybe bundle some corn stalks around the base also like its growing out of them.
great job

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.