Haunt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a way to get the cresses out of a scene setters? I like the product but they would look so much better if there was a way to get the cresses out. I was thinking of towels on top and bottom of the setter and an iron set on low heat…what do you think??

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I guess I should have posted a link to the items...thanks otherworldly. :D

FE, anything you can find out will will be a help.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
As was discussed on another forum, the best method found was to open them out and hang them. I didn't even bother with the creases. I just pulled them tight when I hung them up, and then stored them on a roll so there'll be no creases for the next time. If you're pulling them tight when you hang them, the creases aren't really even noticeable.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
As was discussed on another forum, the best method found was to open them out and hang them. I didn't even bother with the creases. I just pulled them tight when I hung them up, and then stored them on a roll so there'll be no creases for the next time. If you're pulling them tight when you hang them, the creases aren't really even noticeable.
What he said. I'm in the process of hanging mine up in the shed and once you pull them tight, the creases more or less disapear.

I'm hanging mine with velcro tape so I can easily re-hang them next year. I'll keep what Vlad said in mind and roll them up when I store them.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
We very carefully used a clothing steamer the first year then rolled them up.
Make sure the are pulled tight and you only breifly apply the steam otherwise they melt quit nicely.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Sorry FE it was Vlad's idea, but I'm the one who spread the 1st scene setter out on the lawn, crouched down and rolled it up ever so carefully only to have it roll uneven regardless of how carefully and slowly you rolled. You have no idea how hard it is on the old knees to roll 50 feet worth of scene setters. The second scene setter we rolled onto a cardboard tube as we took it off the castle walls. I sure hope unrolling them this year will be easier and we can recruit the kiddies to help roll them up this year. Working with a 4 X 50 foot piece of plastic sure is a challenge!!!!

We also before we put up the scene setters last year, lined the back side of the top and bottom edges with Duct Tape so we could use thumbtacks to put them up with and not risk having the plastic rip. Another time consuming job. Trying to pull duct tape off the roll and lining it up with the top and bottom edges. This is definately a two person job. Thank goodness we don't have to do that again unless Vlad decides to use a different scene setter. I'm hopping these scene setters last a very long time.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the try with the company FE, like yourself I can't believe they have never got that question before.

I will take them out early this year, and hang and pull them tight, as suggested by Vlad...thanks Vlad. That's also a great idea to roll them for storage which I will also do this year.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Last year was the first year I used them an by pulling them tight the creases really didnt show and after a day or so were mostly gone. Rolling might be a good idea for storage. I just folded mine gently and put them in the top of the storage box with no weight on them. I used push pins that I had spray painted flat black to put them up with. A small piece of tape behind the cloth helped reduce the stress and stopped any ripping.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts