Haunt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow!! I stopped by our local Michael’s to see if they had any leftover carvable pumpkins. Well, they were in full blown Christmas mode and none were to be found. I asked one of the clerks if there were any leftovers. She mentioned that they were in the back and “how many do you want?”. I suggested three and she said, “I’ll sell you the whole box for $5.”!! I had no clue how many were left but, the next thing that I know, she comes from the back with a still sealed box of 24 pumpkins. 24 pumpkins for $5!!! Just goes to show, it never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got the same thing at Big Lots one year. I went in to get a 48" dragon skeleton after Halloween, normally $80, down to $40. There was a sealed box on the shelf and I took it up front, the clerk said "just take it" and only charged me $20 for 2 of them.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
...the clerk said "just take it" ...
On reading this, I had a picture flash in my head... me saying that while handcuffed in the back of a cop car...cop saying "Yeah, sure, buddy!", and the skeletons and the rest of my Halloween score spread out on the hood of the cop car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! With that many jack-o-lanterns, I was thinking of a haunted pumpkin patch, or possibly, a pumpkin patch/graveyard theme. We’ll see. Gonna carve these up with a majority of inspiration going to the “god” of Halloween—PumpkinRot himself!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks everyone! With that many jack-o-lanterns, I was thinking of a haunted pumpkin patch, or possibly, a pumpkin patch/graveyard theme. We’ll see. Gonna carve these up with a majority of inspiration going to the “god” of Halloween—PumpkinRot himself!
Careful with that line of thinking 🤣 I have a vine of pumpkins that has that pumpkinrot look that my mother bought some 25 yrs ago. I keep fixing them saying every year I'm going to build more but...........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts