Haunt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Jeff,

The visibility there may be a bit poor but try diving in NJ!! If you can see 3 feet in front of you it's alot. NJ SUCKS!!!!! Thanks for the pic.

14,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, we did one like that in Chicago. #ft would have been nice. Going down on the rope you could hardly see your computer, then the next thing you know, crash, you pile up on the wreck. No fun!
But, like we talked about earlier, I have had some good vis too. Last year in Munising (Superior), like 60 ft., Now that was awesome.
But this is nothing like the Caribbean stuff. 120ft vis is alot more fun!
I'll dig up a photo or two later.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Not really, I was a very proficeint skin diver back in the day, before I found the joys of smoking....(cough wheeze!) I went scuba diving once in a gravel pit, my buddy was part of the city river rescue squad.and a certified trainer. he showed me some stuff. I can't eqaulize the preasure (bad sinuses) in my head so going down much more than 20 feet is very painful.

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
I didn't know there were divers here! I've been a PADI instructor since 1980, and love California diving. Some of the spots around Monterey and Big Sur are awesome - I've met divers from SoCal that make a 6 hr. drive just to see what's down there.

14,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Otaku said:
I didn't know there were divers here! I've been a PADI instructor since 1980, and love California diving. Some of the spots around Monterey and Big Sur are awesome - I've met divers from SoCal that make a 6 hr. drive just to see what's down there.
We're talking Deco stop of 6 hrs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts