Haunt Forum banner

Securing foam tombstones so none fly away

13K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  hazeldazel 
#1 ·
Here are a few of the Store bought tombstones you know those cheapo foam ones that fly away..
well I think I figured out a way to keep them put.
take a piece of couch cushion foam ( cut the way you like) cut a slit all the way thru to bottom but not as wide as your tombstone. Spray paint, to match your stone ..kinda LOL
Grab your tombstone and pull one side out from the foam push tombstone into that ..do same on other side stretching the foam ..push tombstone down ..snug as a bug in a rug now..
I also use tent stakes thru the foam into the dirt.

as you can see some name is covered but thats fine with me some of the corners broke from trying to secure them thru the years. but I haven't had one of these fly away since I did this.
Hope this helps ..and its a cheap fix :jol:

See less See more
#4 ·
I've use from Lowe's or Home Depot these small green vinyl coated metal stakes that I get in the garden sections. They are long enough and come in various sizes. I then size them up to the headstones and then drill a hole into the bottom of the stone. I then take a long handle screwdriver and make a hole in the ground for the stakes. Each stone takes about two stakes and have never had a problem of them flying off during storms or winds.

Note: I will usually leave the stakes in the stones when storing, then I don't have to re-size them again for next Halloween.

#9 ·
all good ideas , gives someone a choice on what they would like to try..thanks

I have tried the stakes and other stuff but the wind here really picks up ( up to 60mph) and its usually the week before my party it seems for some reason?? they all blew off or out of the ground till i tried what i am doing now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.