Haunt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you suggest to secure a life sized hollow plastic skull to a pvc neck? The neck piece will attach to a pvc frame body. I thought of simply inserting the neck stem into the skull cavity and filling it with great stuff. Would this work or is there a better method?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The entire skull cavity is hollow so there is no actual neck hole. I wish there was to give me a guide hole of sorts, so I either need to fill the whole cavity with something or fabricate some sort of brace to hold the skull on the neck.
Thanks for the replies so far.

·
Registered
242 Posts
use greatstuff, but before you spray the foam in there, put a "T" on the end of the pvc pipe (the end thats in the head) it will ensure the pvc pipe does not come out.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Or you can drill holes in the pipe so that the great stuff seeps in and gets a grab on the pipe.
That'd work too! Thanks.
I put a T on the end and tried to just screw the skull to the pipe but it was too unsteady and the skull didn't sit straight. I think the GS will allow me a bit of time to position the skull on the pipe like I want it. I see a trip to HD in the morning.

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you are not putting any motors in the skull it should work fine,
But what I did was ... I took a T connector and used my dremel tool cutter blade and cut the top of the T off so it was flat and screwed the T to the skull. I will try and get a pic for you..

·
Registered
147 Posts
I used gorrilla glue mixed with water...really expands. Held my PVC in a Blucky.

Dennis

·
Registered
5 Posts
An iron pipe flange from Lowe's or Home Depot can be screwed into the back of the skull. You can then get a PVC fitting that screws into the flange and you're set. The flange will be about $3 and I went with the 3/4 inch since it was the smallest. It is kind of heavy though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.