Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Evil, Wicked, Mean, Nasty
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...another make n take in Sept, or a drink n think? Figured I'd separate the thread.

·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be a coincidence that I ran out of beer. Or that I checked the calendar and realized its closer to Halloween than than I thought it was and I need incentive to get my act in gear.

·
Panic time is here!
3,835 Posts
I am up for another one.....
Need to think of really cheap stuff to "witch-up" my garage. All suggestions welcome.
If you click on my 2009 link in my signature you can see some of the stuff I have.

Since I have Marie Laveau's grave in my cemetery, I can also add some southern voodoo type imagery as well. Besides, I can make some cool small props pretty cheap if I go in that direction.

I have:
Animated Gemmy witch
small cabinet
mirror
cheese cloth
small candy cauldron
lots of plastic spiders and bugs
small dollar store skellies
a cool looking bottle
black birds
latex owl
1 Bucky
1 corpsed skull
old sheets

·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You could batik some banners to mount on poles.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Haunted bayou you need bones and books and maybe a cage. I have done spell books myself. They are easy and fast to do.
I am in Midland on the 15th of Sept.
If need be I can host on the 8th or 29th.

·
Panic time is here!
3,835 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions.

I have the book ladysherry gave to me that I can turn into a spell book.
I have a bad of bones from Bucky's bone yard.
The charm idea is good as well.

I had to look up 'batik banners' but if I try to do something like that I would need some help. I am not much of an artist. I guess I could download some icons to use....

·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the suggestions.

I have the book ladysherry gave to me that I can turn into a spell book.
I have a bad of bones from Bucky's bone yard.
The charm idea is good as well.

I had to look up 'batik banners' but if I try to do something like that I would need some help. I am not much of an artist. I guess I could download some icons to use....
Batik does not require an artist. In fact it's one "art" where talent takes a backseat to vision and expression.

·
Registered
574 Posts
any news on date for September MnT?

·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No date yet. Im going to produce two more great stuff pumpkin heads this month. I can wait til a MnT if others are inerested.

I also think we should chat about HauntCon shirts. I think that would be a hoot. I'm definitely interested in a group trip to the event.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I could use some great stuff pumpkins for my pumpkin cart.
Shirts would be cool for haunt con. Its also my birthday that weekend no better way to spend it than with ya'll

·
Registered
564 Posts
September isn't looking good for me. October, well I think I am a little busy that month too. LOL! October 27th party at my house. I hope you guys can make it.

·
Director of Ambiance
1,816 Posts
I'm out - unless Jaybo throws a fit... we put our columns out in two weeks for the countdown timer, and then from there the hours til Halloween night tick away like seconds. I'm not letting that man out of my site for the next 53 days. *He is getting a small reprieve around October 12th to go to Chicago for our sons Navy Bootcamp graduation, but thats only because I contacted the President of the United States, and apparently he was not willing to postpone the graduation until November. :D

·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm curious as to what a great stuff pumpkin head is! Got a link or something?

Foam pumpkins don't match the proper size of my pumpkin creep ground breakers. Therefore, I have to make my own using great stuff. I liked the result because it's more unique than store bought pumpkins. I will finish the one shown with some fake leaf foliage.

Click here to follow the Pumpkin Creep thread.

·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It doesn't appear that a Sept MnT will happen. We could possibly get together for a drink-n-think if enough people are up for it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts