Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks...here goes. This weekend is the first of the two big rummage sales around here this month. I'll be going on the last day of the sales, which is bag day. I can fill an entire garbage bag for a dollar, so if anyone needs anything, let me know and I'll see what I can find. They usually have clothes for all ages, toys, books, shoes, curtains, sheets, etc. The one this weekend isn't quite as big as the other one but it's still not bad for a dollar. At the other one last year I got 17 mens suit jackets for zombies, dolls, assorted clothes, about 20 pairs of curtains, some bottles and jars and some sheets....all for a dollar. I'll be going to the first one on Saturday, so post your shopping lists!

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Okay any size tuxedo a couple bolo hats solid wood cane (any style)
Thankyou

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Well, while your shopping could you look for a black or dark colored curly wig and a gold hoop earing suitable for a Genie. Any condition is fine. Good Luck, hope you find lots of stuff you need.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jay, I think finding a tux is going to be a bit of a challenge but I'll see what I can do. This is the first time going to one of these with a shopping list, usually I just pick up whatever I think I may use. I went over there today, to see what they had so I can get a better idea for tomorrow. No tuxes that I saw but there were curtains and sheets for those of you who were asking. If they are still there tomorrow, they're yours! The next one is at the end of the month, April 27, so there's still time to get your lists in. The next one is bigger and better organized than this one was. I picked up a little lantern today for 50 cents because I didnt want to take a chance that it wouldnt be there tomorrow. And some woman grabbed a small oscillating fan for a dollar, right before I could reach for it! Oh well, we'll see what they have left by tomorrow!

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
curtains, the thin light weight kind. I think they are called shears. Thanks for looking trish.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, here's the results from todays rummage sale. This one wasn't as big as the one that comes up at the end of the month but today I was able to pick up:

A straw hat for Wormy, kind of like the ones they sell at craft stores for decorating, but it fits a bucky perfectly!

Sheer curtains for Bone Dancer, 3 pairs I think. Two are white and 1 is a goldish color.

Two flannel nightgowns for Babygirl, one blue and white striped and one flowered I think.

I'll be going to the next one on the 27th of April and will keep looking. Howver, I think I'm out of luck for a tux, a top hat or long white gloves....you never know though, maybe I'll get lucky. As the $1,000 that Sickie wants, I should have cheked one last time before I left. I found a bag with money in it laying on the side of the road. If I had known you wanted it I would have kept it but being the good samaritan, kind hearted person that I am, I gave it back to that nice man in the hooded sweatshirt and ski mask that was running out of the bank. I thought he must be in a hurry to get back to work and I just wanted to help :D

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bone Dancer, I just counted the curtains that I picked up for you. There are 4 pairs of sheers, 3 white and 1 gold. Do you need more or is that too many?

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
TA i could use a couple flat twin sheets or maybe a king one? I wanna monster mud.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Bone Dancer, I just counted the curtains that I picked up for you. There are 4 pairs of sheers, 3 white and 1 gold. Do you need more or is that too many?
A few more would be ok assuming those are standard size. Thanks for all the time and effort.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts