Haunt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you in advance for taking the time to stop and check this out. I bought Shorty from the Killer Klowns from Outter Space at Spirit last Halloween as an anniversary gift. After putting it all together we realized the ac adapter is missing, so I grab the same type (6 volt 2A) from another prop to try it out and nothing. All connections are fine, the batteries are fresh and motion sensor is able to be seen. It still looks cool just standing there as a prop for the night. This year I opened up the box and didn't see any loose wires or anything that would need to be repaired so any suggestions on what I can do since I can't return it.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Some random thoughts:

If you have a volt meter, you could start probing around from the battery box and on down the wires to make sure you have voltage all along the way.

You say 'all connections' - sounds like you looked inside the electric / electronics box? I've had these (very) thin wires pop loose sometimes. It can be poor soldering, vibration from movement, shipping, or sometimes even setting in storage. You might also try the 'jiggle test' or 'poke test' where you turn the prop on and jiggle wires / (gently) poke the components - sometimes this will find a loose connection. (Obviously not recommended for household electronics, but 6 volts would be safe.)

Anything look to be out of the ordinary in there? Any burnt / brown components? Signs of corrosion? Cracks/damage to the circuit board? Any capacitors which look puffy or seem to have leaked? If you can post some good, quality pictures, possibly other eagle-eyed members could spot something.

Does it have any alternate trigger methods like 'always on' or the 'try me' button? If one of those works, but it won't trigger from its own sensor, it could be a sensor issue.

You might try to move the on/off switch back and forth a bunch of times. Sometimes the contacts will get corroded and not make good contact. (a volt meter would also spot this)

Guess the polarity is the same between this prop and the one which donated the power supply?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts