Young Frankenstein
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Beetlejuice
Shaun of the Dead
Adams Family

·
Registered
119 Posts
Have to agree with Haunti about 'The Great Pumpkin'. A classic.
I also have to watch Halloween and Halloween2 'original versions' and we always watch 'Nightmare Before Christmas'. A great Halloween spirit flick.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's not Halloween really for me until I have watched Halloween(The original.) Speaking of which I might pop that in this weekend and watch it.;)

As a kid I was really big on The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and like to catch it when its on TV even nowdays. I also find myself watching more paranormal investigation type shows during this time of year as well. :D:D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oh, reading one of the post above made me think of Sleepy Hollow the Disney cartoon version. As a kid that scared me. I haven't seen that in a LONG time! I might have to see if I can dig that up. :D:D

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Oh, reading one of the post above made me think of Sleepy Hollow the Disney cartoon version. As a kid that scared me. I haven't seen that in a LONG time! I might have to see if I can dig that up. :D:D
I too remember the Disney version of Sleepy Hallow scaring the crap out of me as a young kid. I clearly remember watching it with my dad and older brother and I kept pulling the blanket up over my head and tried to hide behind my dad. Ahh, what good memories:D I'm definantly going to find that one and watch this year just for old times sake.

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Okay, this isn't a "show" but I still consider is classic from my childhood. When I was little I got a Halloween record from Winchell's. Do any of you remember this record? It was clear plastic and square in shape.

Winchell's donut house halloween record

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Disney's Skeleton Dance (it took me 16 years to track it down, just got it last year!)
Disney's Spooky Tales collection
Halloween episodes of Roseanne
Nightmare Before Christmas
Ever After- not really a Halloween movie, but the first time I saw it was around Halloween and it started my costuming obsession, so I always get in the mood to watch it this time of year. I often listen to the soundtrack while making costumes.
Elmo goes Boo- This one makes me sentimental as my kids have always adored it. I love The Count's "Bones" song!

·
Old Bat
2,823 Posts
Nosferatu (the original silent version)
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Any of the Simpson's Halloween shows
The Corpse Bride

·
Registered
822 Posts
I would say when I watch AMC start to put up the Halloween movies, Nightmare on Elm Street, and I see the kid specials like Scary Godmother and Hocus Pocus.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
The original Halloween and John Carpenter's The Thing are my two traditional must-watch-in-October movies; now that I have a DVD of Phantasm I'll probably watch that too lol so cheesy but scary-cool at the same time.

·
Registered
165 Posts
MONSTER SQUAD of course! :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Old flicks with Lugosi, Karloff, and Chaney are also good for me to get into that HALLOWEEN Spirit!

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Creepshow
Demon Knight
......got to have some bad pun comedy horrors now
and "Attack of the killer tomato's" and "Bad Taste"

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
As soon as Trick 'r Treat hits the DVD shelves next month that will go to the top of my list!

From my childhood - besides Great Pumpkin (it's funny I hated all the Charlie Brown shows when I was a kid but would watch them anyways. Now that I'm an adult I love them.) - I really liked the Paul Lynde Halloween special when it came out. Witchiepoo, Wicked Witch of the West and my first exposure to KISS!

·
Registered
34 Posts
As soon as Trick 'r Treat hits the DVD shelves next month that will go to the top of my list!

From my childhood - besides Great Pumpkin (it's funny I hated all the Charlie Brown shows when I was a kid but would watch them anyways. Now that I'm an adult I love them.) - I really liked the Paul Lynde Halloween special when it came out. Witchiepoo, Wicked Witch of the West and my first exposure to KISS!
Awesome, someone knows of Trick R Treat on here! I'm gonna see that on the big screen this weekend and meet Mike Dougherty- can't wait!

Demon Knight is an awesome horror flick.
Salem's Lot (original directed by Tobe Hooper) is the scariest vampire film ever, even after 30+ years!
Rose Red was a pretty good haunted house movie- very eerie.
Slither is a great one if you like a good mix of humor and splatter.
The Orphanage will literally blow you away- guaranteed! That's a must see for anyone who enjoys a great film!

I watch waaaaay too many horror films to really make a short list, so I'll stop myself there :p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts