Haunt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I just came up with a brainstorm, but I haven't thought it through yet to know if it's a good idea or not- so I thought I'd throw it out for discussion for pros and cons:

I was thinking about putting out a sign starting October saying something like "This year let's all be neat, participate in Trick or Treat!" or something. Basically some sign that encourages people who drive by my house (I'm on a highway) to decorate and participate in the Holiday.

Pros? Cons?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Eh, I personally think it's a good idea, but as far as people actually changing there mind's because of a sign...i'm not sure. I'd be more focused on getting my own sign out encouraging people to come to my house for your own haunt! :)

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
I agree with Doc, anything that promotes Halloween and TOTers is a great idea. Even simple stuff an affordable for most people would be a put out a pumpkin promotion. Start people with small an easy ideas and work up each year. As haunters its almost our job to spread the idea of halloween and keep it alive. Focus on it being for the kids and not a religous statment. Sell it as a positive and fun thing for the community and the kids.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Good Idea Sickie...

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
I like it fortunately our neighborhood has full participation.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Long_Tom, Our neighbors would not be interested to say the least, heh. I'm hoping a sign will help people think about it by gettingthe kids to bug their parents. :)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Eh, I personally think it's a good idea, but as far as people actually changing there mind's because of a sign...i'm not sure. I'd be more focused on getting my own sign out encouraging people to come to my house for your own haunt! :)
As the doc said, Go for it! Even if it doesn't work, you made the effort and thats what should matter.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
i'm gonna try and see if my neighbors might host some props and i'm putting up a sign that says trrick or treat here I lost my old cutesy sign

·
Registered
156 Posts
Go sor it SI. Maybe if kids see it often it'll work. Kids can be relentless, and maybe that's what it'll take if you have had too few TOTs. Visibility and promotion can't hurt. Best of luck.

360 Posts
Good Luck SI, I agree, anything we can do to promote what Halloween can be for the kids is a definite plus. After all, it really is not all ghosts, ghouls, and gore (although we do try to reel them in young LOL)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts