Haunt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize for those of you who have already seen this!!!! But I thought I'd share since I'm new here!

·
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ooops! I think I may have posted in the wrong area... please move as necessary! D'oh!

·
Registered
328 Posts
cool! i like the silhoettes, what are they made out of? nice work

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I also really like the witches in your yard (was that a Martha Stewart pattern) simple and effective. very nice!

·
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody! We had fun making them!

Mikeq91, they were cut from plywood, then painted black.

Hella, yes the one on the right is from Martha (although we had to rescale her to be sized correctly with the other one, and her arm is in a different pose).

They were very easy and held in place even with the high winds. Hubs put rebar on the back that went through conduit strapped on the back.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
I have that Martha Stewart magazine and thought they were neat. You did a great job with the silouettes. I like the pumpkin posts in the back. I use a lot of rebar with my props tooo. Comes in handy.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
simple but effective good idea, I like the look.

·
JT's Sidekick
2,630 Posts
I like the look myself. Hope you dont mind if I "borrow" your ideas for next year!

·
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the look myself. Hope you dont mind if I "borrow" your ideas for next year!
OMG - No! I got the idea from a magazine, then tweaked the whole setting with lighting, the beacons, fog machine and real JOL's!

Spider Rider: Yes, when it was completely dark, the JOL beacons looked like they were floating. And they tied in with the other real JOLs that I carved on my front step and the minis w/ just eyes carved, and hanging from shepherd hooks.

:)

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Nice look, something to keep in mind for next year. Storing flat is a bonus, too.

Wonder if Martha has a link to the patterns on her site?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts