Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I've admired your prop as well Bourno. It really looks fantastic! I'd love to see a video as well if you are able to share it sometime. The new photos really show the detail of the construction. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Reading the explanation of how it works, I'm reminded of that Far Side cartoon....

·
Registered
329 Posts
Looks awesome, totally jealous. Skelerctor and a welder, man!! Just one question. Where did you find the skeleton?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the kind words. I have torn it apart to do some clean up and then get it painted, and I didn't take any video of it in action earlier. Unfortunately, I have a work trip coming up and won't get back from that for at least a week or two.

Torgen, yeah, I wanted to put in a little information on where the cylinder was applying force. It is hard to explain in words. Guess I may need to make a drawing that shows this in the future.

Darryl, that is a foam skeleton that seems to be only carried by Menards hardware stores and they are only in the north central US.

·
Registered
156 Posts
bourno said:
Darryl, that is a foam skeleton that seems to be only carried by Menards hardware stores and they are only in the north central US.
I REALLY want one of those this year so anyone willing to get one for me and ship it to me let me know or maybe "group by" ? Yes I know its expensive to ship but cheaper than driving up there!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have to agree, that is one kick-ass little skelly. How much does he run, normally, and does Menard's have a website? :D

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The skeleton was $35 or $37 last year. It is nicely made and stands pretty close to 6' flat footed.

Menards has a website but is pretty lame. They have a store locator and weekly ad thing. They don't have any on-line ordering which I assume you were hoping for.

·
Registered
329 Posts
You will definitely be scaring someone with this bad a** toy. Still jealous, maybe next year.

·
Registered
156 Posts
That is way cool I hope you are able to get some video of that in action on Halloween I can't wait to see them jump back on that one ! Glad to see you have it completed. Now I wish it would cool off some here so I can get back to finishing up mine. 95+ for over 3 weeks straight!

·
Registered
152 Posts
dannng, that is sweet!

My wife would kick my ass if I went out to buy a welder just to make Halloween props, though!

·
Registered
49 Posts
bourno, great prop....but then you always outdo yourself on props!!!
(just remembering your scarcrow prop from IS)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts