·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Why not are we not always looking for ways to enhance the experience

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think popcorn and burnt flesh would go well together. A burnt clown.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
I use patchoulie, sandalwood or dragons blood scents...
burnt flesh may be good for those bbq props
but how do they know what it smells like..
"hey give me your arm so i can burn it and see what it smells like"
Geez what could be worse than urine smell in the 'just bad' ..
I wouldnt want to be the test sniffer yuck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I like to eat a quart of Wendys chili and crop dust my way through our maze. Very scary:D

J/K... +1 on the plastic and spray paint

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
ROFLMAO on this whole thread! You guys are too much!
BTW, what the hell does "Gothic" smell like??
from what i have seen on the kids around here probly
fake black leather, grease paint, glue, cheap hair color and sweat.
kinda like a toxic waste site .
only guessing here haha

·
Registered
723 Posts
Didnt know where to post this but I found it very interesting. Has anybody ever hear of Smells for you haunt? I'm not sure if they are like incense or something, but its really cool. Funny too....
Id hate to smell the one called burnt flesh.

http://www.boneyardbargains.ca/haunted_scents.html
This past season I experimented with scent in my haunt. I have (mainly) a cemetary scene so I thought the smells of earthy decomposition would be appropriate. I picked up a full yard of compost/manure. It did not smell of "poo" so much as decay.

People noticed it right away - really bothered them. Seeing body parts sticking out of fresh grave mounds and smelling that rot and decay really did it. One neighbor (and a few TOTs) actually would only pass my house from the opposite side of the street.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
The smells come in packets. No information on how to use them.

I see the frakenbuckies are roughly half price than boneyards, though.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This past season I experimented with scent in my haunt. I have (mainly) a cemetary scene so I thought the smells of earthy decomposition would be appropriate. I picked up a full yard of compost/manure. It did not smell of "poo" so much as decay.

People noticed it right away - really bothered them. Seeing body parts sticking out of fresh grave mounds and smelling that rot and decay really did it. One neighbor (and a few TOTs) actually would only pass my house from the opposite side of the street.
hahahah

·
Registered
723 Posts
hey road kill how much of that compost did you use--not a bad idea
I used the full yard of compost. We have a garden center not far from here where it was only $20 for a yard. Each "fresh" grave got about 30 shovel-fulls. Covering about 8 of my graves and had a large mound around my coffin.

After effect of all that compost - I need to mow the front yard where I spread out all the compost after Halloween. So really it's a two-fer. Good for creeping out my visitors and then it's great yard prep for fall/winter.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
we just got a shipment of hops (beer stuff) liquid form we spray it on our sand for the roads metls ice real fast any way dam does this stuff stink. may be spraying it in my grave yard, it should freak out some people

·
Registered
723 Posts
I would suggest trying it in small doses. The smell was almost overwhelming for my TOTs. Some people are far more sensitive to smell than others. Use wort can be VERY smelly and may actually drive people away from your haunt. The big smelly poo yard got to a few who visited my place.

Hmmmmmmm - maybe I should devise a giant poop-pop up (or pop out?). HAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Thats a good idea Roadkill,
but i think I'll stick with the river smell we have..it can be real yucky sometimes.
Also don't want my dogs stepping in that and bringing it in the house.
Just checked out your 2006 pic ...nice pics
love the doll in the window
serial killers haha...that freak Dahmer lived about 25 miles from me.

·
Registered
723 Posts
That river smell would be awesome for a swamp haunt. Get a creature from the black lagoon action going on - awesome stuff. We did have a problem with the dogs rolling in the compost and coming in the house.

I am inspired to do some more dolls - Betsy is lonely - wanna come play? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA. Thanks for the compliments. Yes - I have three themes with my tombstones - I need to expand the cannibal/serial killers.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts