Haunt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glowing red eyes and he breathes fire. Well, okay, fog.But still. This monster mud prop is mounted on top of our front porch where he oversees the rest of our haunt. He needs a little more painting to bring out the highlights. We try to keep the details big and viewable vs. small and practically invisible. And I think that's an important thing to remember when critiquing your own props. These are theatrical props viewed mainly at a distance and often in the dark. Many fine details (and most of a prop's flaws) are going to fall away once you've installed. So don't sweat/beat yourself up over the small stuff :) This guy replaces an older model.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

@lwaldeck: It finally succombed to Midwestern weather. We put our yard haunt out in early October. So, each year, it got loads of rain and wind. It was looking shabby and was slumping. I'd always wanted to add something to it (like the fog hoses) and, since it was one of my first props, I wanted to see if I could improve upon the original take (which was really inspired in the first place by Steve Hickman over at Terror Syndicate). Eager to see how this one performs.

·
Super Moderator
64,351 Posts
He looks to be good sized (and I see you're taking into account the distance at which he will be viewed::).

I kind of see him in a smoking jacket with reading glasses, a good book, and a pipe:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts