Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Terrible Peril
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a fast and easy prop that can work for you on any occasion, not just Halloween. So far I have used it at a golf tournament, and a father's day bar-b-q. It only took me about 5 minutes to make it.

This is not my design, and I'm sure that it has been around for awhile....I learned how to make it when I opened an ice chest at a custom car show in the New Orleans Superdome and crapped my pants. The scare only last for a split second....as soon as you see it you know that it's fake, but just for that second it gets them every time.

Even if you know it's in there, It can still get you. The trick is ...the lid pulls the string up and the snake comes right out at you...it's the snake moving that make the girls scream every time, and the guys scream like girls.

· Registered
5,567 Posts
Good one beelce....
nice touch with the leaves!
Too bad I don't have a snake today I could do this joke.

· Terrible Peril
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your right Ghostess...This one will be at our party this year...Another angle is, after people get to know which box the snake is in, move the "free beer and water" sign to a different ice chest. That way you get everyone all over again. Also I noticed that the people that get "snake bit" do not tell others about it...kinda like they want the next guy to wet his pants too....this prop is well worth setting up a video camera, everyone reacts...have fun haunters

· Registered
708 Posts
I love this! My oldest is constantly scaring the daylights out of her little sister for fun. She thought it was hilarious to throw a plastic lizard in the shower recently to hear her scream. She is SO going to get nailed with this! I have this exact snake in my attic!

Thank you for the wonderful idea!! My youngest also thanks you, I can already hear her laughing and sending you a big High 5! It's payback time!

· Registered
708 Posts
I will do my best. The hard part will be capturing it on camera without them getting suspicious.

My youngest and I discussed it tonight. As soon as I find Cynthia (yes, they named the snake last year), we are nailing my older daughter. The three of us will get my husband (who is absolutely terrified of snakes). I bet you hear him screaming all the way in New Orleans! I just hope this won't affect my Halloween budget negatively he, he!

· Registered
708 Posts
I'm not sure where anyone else found the snake but I got mine 2 years ago at a Halloween store that was only around here near Halloween. I can't remember the name but it wasn't Halloween Express. How is that for completely useless information?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.