Haunt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So back in the before-time of 2011, I join this site and tried to be pretty active. I posted some of the things I painted and made and had made quite a few friends. During that time I lived in an apartment, and I decorated my sister's yard each year. But then my sister was diagnosed with cancer. It was a long hard battle, and worse, her husband divorced her because he was tired of dealing with her battle :mad: during that time I hadn't been decorating her yard as she was in the hospital, but during her last year they had her resting at home, so for 2019 I pulled out all the stops and decorated my sister's yard for the last time.

After that, I thought I was done with Halloween... However, in those ten years, I was also married and now have two children of my own! Plus my own house with an entire acre of property. So from now On I will decorate my own yard each year in her memory and invite her children out to have a special Halloween in their mother's memory.

So those are my update for my ten-year absence from the site! I hope to get to know everyone who has joined in the last few years and we all have some great fun building, designing, and creating together! :jol:

·
Typing Lunatic
2,869 Posts
Sorry to hear about your sister's passing and what a great way to remember her and keep your love of Halloween alive.
Welcome back.

·
Super Moderator
64,091 Posts
Welcome back, and what a lovely way to honor your sister’s memory!

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Welcome back Halloween Cats >>>HUGS<<<

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome back and I agree, the best way to honour someones life is to ensure they are never forgotten. May all your decor be spooky and your halloweens be without snow! lol

·
Muddled Moderator
28,208 Posts
Welcome back Halloween Cats. My condolences on the passing of your sister. I like how you are honoring her memory. I added tombstones for my parents to our yard after they passed away as a way to remember them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts