Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry to any old MOM'ers if youve already seen these, but here are some pics of mine - some are can be seen in the haunt on the UNDERTAKINGS thread, but they're kinda hard to see

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep - 1.25 inch if i remember correctly - sturdy as heck - fired over 1500 times this past season and is still flyin good - and thanks for the compliments - 1031fan

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
hey thanks for the closeup shots..
great work there!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks dave.....as for the handthing.....the hand is a latex one i casted from a mold i made of a bought one (making molds for latex slush is a lot easier than the silicone ones we were talkin about - its just plaster and thats it!!) and the bones are from a bucky arm in a "bag of bones" from ACC - little airbrush....little tissue paper in latex..little craft paint - real easy and turned out alright...give it a try! - 1031fan

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sry ive been away a while guys - not keeping up with my posts - as for the webbing effect on my props - thats just old cheap bag o web cut up in sections and dipped in straight latex PAINT - not liquid latex - there is enough latex in the paint to do the same thing with the webbing - make it hard and gross as the liquid latex does - and when its ready to paint/stain with wood stain, it already has a nice base coat - i highly recomend the idea, as its very easy and pretty much goof proof - and not to mention cheap - the paint is 3 buck oops paint from lowes and the webs are like 99c afteer halloween specials -

thanks for commenting on the atmosphere twisted - i really believe that the surroundings and the overall feel of the haunted house are just as important and even more so than a single prop - for instance - how many times have you been in your grandmothers attick with nothing scary t all and your imagination takes hold and creates something wayyy scarrier than anyone can ever make - and on the other hand - you could take a 10K dollar prop, put it in a dark room and get nothing out of it - im a set designer for the highschool in my town and you can really set the mood by what the surroundings are - now thats not to say slack on props, but the atmosphere is a biggee - hopefully this year im going to be getting some LED minispots so that should help light the props, but not make the surroundings too light -

stay tuned for a sick and disgusting corpse prop thats almost finished - photos coming soon in a new thread! later

riley

1 - 20 of 28 Posts