Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is always a treat to see two ladies go at it and I'm not necessarily referring to the fantasies that such mags as Penthouse, Hustler or any other mens magazines have carefully cultivated in our sex warped minds. We also like to see 'em get in an honest to goodness knock-down-drag-out fight every once in awhile, because they fight mean and dirty. This match will be no exception.

We have two High School misfits throwing down for your pleasure. One has a penchant for "bringing down the house" when she gets angry with but a thought. The other doesn't like anyone to break her dolls and will **** you up with sharp objects if you dare. This time we pit Carrie vs.May in this no holds barred fisticuffs, and watch with extreme interest as they come out swinging. It is of some import we mention that Angela Bettis of the latter film starred in the title remake of the first that Sissy Spacek made famous. Hell hath no fury, ladies and gents. Chooe your sides and may the best lady win.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Spacek in the first rendition of Carrie by a light year. All of the characters were believable from that particular period. To this day it is a chilling Horror experience some thirty years later.

May by far and large is a highly annoying, headache inducing piece of cinema. It wasn't Bettis' fault per se, it was the story and the illogical direction the director took with the source material. May was a bit weird sure, but unlike Carrie White, there was nothing in her appearance or behavior that would make her as ostracised as she was. In fact, she would have fit right in with those whiny Goth kids. The story totally eliminated the parents after the first few minutes of the film, when I would really have liked to see more done with them since it seemed they were likely the very source of May's alienation.

Carrie. Not two ways about it. DePalma's film blows May right out of the water easily.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I had to go with Carrie. I just didn't get what all the hubbub was about May. It had potential and somehow they blew it (IMO).

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You folks know what time of the week it is. Only a couple of days left to cast your vote.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This comes as absolutely no surprise. With a 4-0 showing, Mrs. Whites much abused daughter moves to the Quarters and thus ends this prelim round.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.